No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Smokin Soon

Did my first batch of wings with the MIES today and I am impressed. Used the 'Spicy Blend" that is not at all hot, but full of flavor. Wifey does not do hot and she wolfed these wings. Used the Big Easy for the first test, next will be the Treager. I really love this stuff! I might look into a bulk purchase, I did not look into the shelf life of this product yet.
When I just ran warm water over the wings, it clumped up quite a bit. Rinse those baby's off after removing from the package and leave them in a collender while getting to room temp. they will still be moist enough for the magic to stick. They coated quite well like that.
Had to rely on my Thermapen for this one cause the wings just do not look the same after 30 minutes. Some of the smaller wings showed 220 degrees, scorched earth on any gasser. Much slower to show any color. Did the whole cook "lid on", which is something I do not normally do. All of the wings were very moist and none were over cooked. I am really looking foreward to more experiments with veggies and taters!

squirtthecat

Very nice!

From what I read, the 'shelf life' is 1 year.  Longer if you stash the bags in the freezer.

hal4uk

That looks really good!

I tried mine today too, but just a quick dirty test.  Cut a chicken breast into squares, breaded, tossed in the oven in a foil pan.  Sprayed the pan first, but they still stuck, so it didn't make a "pretty picture" (I just put the camera away)---but still tasted GREAT.  I just used the regular.  Will try some spicy next time.

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Going Wensday to Dallas to pick up a "New" friend and Rodak's is in Ft Worth.

Don't make me take a side trip there.

Smokin Soon

Sonny, either get a sampler or a 5 pounder. Yer gonna luv it unless yer one of those chicken haters! ;D

hal4uk

Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Smokin Soon on October 29, 2010, 06:53:46 PM
Sonny, either get a sampler or a 5 pounder. Yer gonna luv it unless yer one of those chicken haters! ;D

I LOVE yardbirds!

hal4uk

The only people that don't like fried chicken are...  uhhh...  I dunno... born without a mouth?
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

Sonny, it's about d@mn time you finally went and picked up that "friend". ;)

Can't wait to get to see your friend!

Smokin Soon

I do think now, that is just a matter on how I will crank up the heat in this mix, and see how it does. Will start with red pepper and some added caymen and see what stokes.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: KyNola on October 29, 2010, 07:01:38 PM
Sonny, it's about d@mn you finally went and picked up that "friend". ;)

Can't wait to get to see your friend!

If I hadn't been Mom Sitting ............. it would have done been HOME!

The sad part is I leave the next day for Deer Camp!

KyNola

CRG,
KNOW you got a trailer!  What a nice way to get to know your friend, deer camp.  Those dudes will eat anything. :D

Glad your Mom is doing better.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on October 29, 2010, 07:21:23 PM
CRG,
KNOW you got a trailer!  What a nice way to get to know your friend, deer camp.  Those dudes will eat anything. :D

What you talking about Kynola hes gonna take it to deer camp so the Wifey don't know he got it!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 29, 2010, 09:54:09 PM
Quote from: KyNola on October 29, 2010, 07:21:23 PM
CRG,

What you talking about Kynola hes gonna take it to deer camp so the Wifey don't know he got it!!!

I ain't scare! Ok just a little. ;D

Wifey is not Happy with all the Tools/Toys you guys have made me get this last year.

Mikey made me do it! ;D