Fake Fried Chicken

Started by SnellySmokesEm, October 24, 2010, 12:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTNuge

So is this Mies breading something that is normally only available in bulk/wholesale type situations or can a guy go buy it somewhere?  Looked online and I'm guessing STC used his connections to score some?

Thanks,
Trent

oakville smoker

I have to find out if I can buy this stuff in Canada
I just sent Mies an email o find out OR if they will ship international
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

squirtthecat

I got mine from Rodak's Coffee.

Scroll down a bit and it is on the right..

https://www.rodakscoffeeandgrills.com/OTHER_COOL_STUFF.html

He ships USPS - so going to Canada shouldn't be a problem. (you might want to drop him an email first)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: oakville smoker on October 27, 2010, 07:17:58 AM
I have to find out if I can buy this stuff in Canada
I just sent Mies an email o find out OR if they will ship international
OS,
Send Marv an Email from his site under the contact us section. He might be able to ship some to you. His website is www.rodakscoffeeandgrills.com
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

oakville smoker

Thanks.  just sent Rodaks an email ot see if they will ship up here
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

oakville smoker

I love the internet !
Both Mies and Rodaks have already responded to my emails
Rodaks will ship up here by USPS, makes border crossing really easy
He is getting baclk tp me on cost to ship 5 pounds by USPS
If I get 5 pounds, I am hoping I like this stuff having never used or tried it
But I had faith in the Canadian CT Caper and this could be just as good 
Mies is getting back to me on where I can buy, maybe locally for personal use
Its only a matter of time now

SnellySmokesEm

OS, you WILL like it.  If not I'll PM you my address and you can send it back to the states.   :D ;D :D ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

oakville smoker

Hmmmmmmm
So far 30 bucks to ship 5 pounds
Will see what the people at Mies come back with

squirtthecat

Quote from: oakville smoker on October 27, 2010, 08:41:56 AM
Hmmmmmmm
So far 30 bucks to ship 5 pounds
Will see what the people at Mies come back with

Yeah, USPS rates to Canada go up geometrically when you get over 2 pounds...    Learned that the hard way.

SnellySmokesEm

BBQ Evangelist

squirtthecat

What's Quarlow doing next weekend??   :D :D :D

oakville smoker

I might contemplate the smaller packs and keep it under 2 pounds
I had some cigars shipped USPS and it only cost me 25 bucks
One of those cigars is almost worth as much as a bag of breading   LOL

oakville smoker

OK

Got some feedback from Mies, good people, great service.
Here is what they said:

I just checked out the Bradley Smoker Website – I had no idea we were being talked about so much!

Thanks for the heads up and I am going to talk to them about adding our product to their website so you and

your friends could order directly from Bradley Smoker.

Unfortunately that may take some time so this is the best option I can offer you right now.  We are a wholesaler and can
ship directly from our location in West Bend, WI.  Most people like to order our 6 Pack  Item #60032   6 - 5# Bags (30# Total)
Your price would be US$39.09 plus shipping and handling and a MasterCard or Visa would be required for payment.
If you provide me with a shipping address I could get you a freight quote going to Canada.

We also carry a 25# Bulk Bag – US$ 29.50 plus shipping & handling.
Mies One-Step Breading has a shelf life of 1 year and then the herbs and spices naturally start to dissipate in flavor.
BUT if you keep the breading in your freezer it will preserve the flavor until you are ready to use it therefore lasting much longer.

Another option is going to www.rodakscoffeeandgrills.com.  Marvin is offering our Mies One-Step Breading in a retail 8 oz. package.
Again, shipping will be additional and he ships from Texas – but this is definitely another great option to purchase our breading.
Let him know I referred you if you decide to check him out!

If you have any additional questions or would like more information please feel free to contact me  1-262-338-0676.

Thanks Rick and have a great day!

Laurie Ruplinger
Mies Products Inc.

505 Commerce Street

West Bend, WI 53090

Ph 262-338-0676

Fax 262-338-1244

Any Ontario cannucks interested in this?  Spilit a 30 pounder maybe ?

SnellySmokesEm

Wow!  Very cool!  Just another reason this is one of the best forum's around.
BBQ Evangelist

GusRobin

I also emailed her and I can get the 6 5# lbs sent to me for $59.18 (39.09 plus 20.08 S&H)
If 3 others would like to join in (I'll probably keep 2) I will order and when I get it I will send out your 5lb bag. Looking on the USPS web site I can ship it to you for $11.(If the actual is less you get a refund) So it will cost you $9.86 for the bag and $11 for shipping for a total of $21 (rounded -I don't do pennies ::) )
You can get a 5 lb bag at the Coffee grind site noted earlier in the thread for $19 plus shipping ( don't know how much that is but I assume that it is probably more than $2.)

So let me know if you are interested - first come first serve, and I'll place the order when I get commitments.
DON'T respond here, PM me with name address and phone #. First 3 PMs I receive will be the group.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.