how long/many biskettes needed.

Started by ebohatch, March 22, 2004, 01:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebohatch

We are considering getting a Bradley smoker, but we have some questions.
A sales person we spoke with earlier today (at a home show) indicated that we can operate this unit inside the house????? (doesn't make sense to me).

Are the biskettes available other than through Bradley, meaning does someone else produce the product.

How many biskettes does one need to to an average amount of smoking??

IE, a roast or 2 and some fish every month or two??

ruffinit

hi ebo,regarding your question.you can get b.s.smoker parts and accessory parts,[wood pucks,extra racks,bubba pucks,and the smoker from chez bubba inc.go to chez bubba .com,has deal you can check out for smoker,cover,lifetime wood puck discount.you can also order bradly parts from cabelas.com,their prices and shipping is very good also.sure you can smoke indoors if you vent the smoke out,and never open door while smoking,if you don't mind a smokehouse smelling inside,i have mine in the shed away from weather.the wood pucks last 20 minutes each,so three pucks last 1 hr.get bubba pucks,[spacers so all or last two pucks get on burner]check out forum for answers to alot of your questions it's really helpful,folks are real good about answering stuff you don't understand.hope this helped .[:D][8D]

mike

Chez Bubba

Ebo,

I wouldn't advise smoking indoors. There are a wide variety of reasons that make it unsafe. A couple of our customers do, but they have enormous, restaurant-quality vac hood systems that can truly vent away the bad stuff. Your average, over-the-stove hood ain't gonna cut it.

Regarding bisquette usage, it really depends on how much smoke flavor you like. For pork shoulder you could apply anywhere from 2-7 hours (6-21 bisquettes) for the 10-12 hours cooking. That's one of the beauties about the Bradley, you don't have to be "smoking" the entire time you're "cooking".

Sorry the salesperson misled you.[:(] But, don't let that deter you from buying a Bradley, you'll find they're an absolute joy to use.[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Ebo,

Greetings,
My 2-cents: I'm 54 and I started smoking foods with my polish grandfather when I was a young boy. The Bradley Smoker for the average home user is a dream come true! Yes you will have to check on it from time to time, just like any item you are cooking on a store or over a gas grill.

However, once you have your temp correct and it has been maintaining that temp for 30 minutes or better it is then pretty much on auto-pilot.  The smoke is uniformed, un-tarring, and never green from combustion.  One of the first things my Grandfather taught me was the "taste" of the smoke.  It had to be light gray in color. Once breathed in through your nose it should never burn and always smell / taste sweet.  With the Bradley it just does not get any better than this.

As far as the amount of pucks used in smoking, as other have stated here, that will depend upon your taste.  Just as surly as to what type of wood you use.

I have worked out my cost of smoking at $1.11 per hour!  Man that is on the cheap!  Especially if you are using one of the other smoker methods and you end up tarring your food--Yuck. I just don't see how anyone could tar up any food using a Bradley.  I don't think it is even possible no matter what you did.

After years of purchasing wood--then spliting it, plus sitting there for hours watching to make sure I don't ruin my sauage I look back and wish I had found this smoker years earlier.

Or worse, using wet wood chips on a hot plate that dry out and then flare up causing tarring, while at the same time the temp looks good so I didn't even know it had happened. Now that is ruining some food.

If you are going to order online then order it from these folks. [:D] Chezbubba's House of Smoke [:D]  You will not go wrong.  These folks ship timely and what they say they are going to do, they do it when they said they would do it.

Ok you asked and I hope our answers have helped~~~! A lot good folks here. Hope to see you join this group as a new Bradley Smoker. (BTW I don't sell Brandley Smokers. I work with fuzzy stuff and dirt! LOL!!!)

Have a good day!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Man-Smoking inside your home.  What the <font color="red">*&%$#@???</font id="red">.  My wife would never let me go duck hunting again.  Personally, even with a <u><font color="blue"><b>BIG HONKI'N MEGAMONDO FAN</b></font id="blue"></u>, I really don't think it's the cool thing to do.  This is just my thought.  I have mine on our covered back porch.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

ChefJeff

Hi Ebo, I'm fairly new to the Bradley,but I have used a stove top smoker and it really smelled up the house.I keep my Bradley on a covered deck.You can't go wrong, make sure to get the "BUBBA" pucks and a remote thermometer and smoke on.[8D]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

ebohatch

Thanks for the responses guys.
You have convinced us, my wife will now let me order one.[:)]

Chez Bubba

Hey Ebo,

Just checked out your profile. Wouldn't happen to know a guy named Roy Czaplewski would ya? Or, in neighboring Naperville, Tom Greig?

They're both brothers-in-law of mine. I spend a bit of time in Chi-town.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

ebohatch