A Sunday Meet and Greet

Started by Tenpoint5, October 24, 2010, 05:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Squit and Hal drove all the way to Paducah, Ky to visit Hal's old stomping grounds and to meet with Kynola a couple of weeks ago. During this trip a butcher was supposed to order some Fresh Side Pork (Pork Bellies) for them and Kynola was to pick it up for them. Long story short That butcher dropped the ball and forgot to order it. I told the boys I would order them some bellies from the locker plant that I get my bellies from. Well today was the transfer day. So we met in Davenport, Iowa at a place called the Iowa Machine Shed. Beings that we was in the area Seemore drove over to BS a little with us. We had a pretty good time shooting the breeze. We also did a little horsetrading after we had something to eat. I can only show what I received, I forgot to take a picture of what Squirt and Hal took home.

Here is 13 chances for Hal and Squirt to successfully manage to make edible BACON before my 11yr old daughter accomplishes the mission!!

In my horse trading I received some pellets Big bag is Hickory little one is Peach (From what I hear the big bag of pellets has some miles on it)

I also received some other goodies as well

The only thing missing from this crew is the cigarette packs rolled up in the sleeves!!! Funny how everyone stuck their hands in their pockets at the same time.

Seemore,                 Hal,              Tenpoint5                   Squirt
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

I aint sure about the rest of you but looking at that last picture, one thing does come to mind.

Squirt needs to eat more!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tiny Tim

Just less turkey and more pig and cow. lol

Great to see you guys met up, and I hope to meet more of the members of this fine forum...2 down, hundreds to go. ;)

BuyLowSellHigh

The 3 on the left look like they would fit right in down here standing next to the smoker.  That guy on the right though looks like he needs to go back to the golf course.    ;D

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

squirtthecat

It was a fun (yet quick) trip!   We're home safe.   

Although, I thought Hal was going to keel over behind the wheel...   Methinks he had a bit too much to eat for lunch.   ;D    (they brought him like 4 fried chickens...  and a coke)    He kept mumbling something about Prilosec on the drive back down - then he'd moan and hunch over the steering wheel in pain. 

I should have worn jeans as well - it was chilly up there!   Probably a 10 degree difference from when I left here.

Uploading some more pics shortly..

seemore

It was really nice to meet you, Squirt and Hal!  The time went much too quickly, however.
Thanks so much for my gifts.  I was expecting to pay you for it, but you refused to accept my money.  That was very kind of you!

Mrs. has already said that we will be having chili this week.
Love the seasoning blend too.  We added a little bit of that to the cheese sauce we made for our cauliflower. 
Talk about a kicked up side dish!
seemore

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 24, 2010, 05:12:19 PM

Seemore,                 Hal,              Tenpoint5                   Squirt

Just awesome.

Hal had promised to call when everyone was together and didn't.

I called Him and started to naw on some butt for not calling, and this

voice said .... This is Pat ... Hal is Driving.

So I had to be nice, but it was Fun talking to Pat.

Glad you guys had fun.

Tenpoint5

What happened to the Popcorn Seemore?? I thought you was gonna make popcorn and have it on the popcorn.

My popcorn was confiscated as soon as I got in the truck. The the little turds ran it into the house and gave it to Momma before I even got to smell the stuff. Needless to say IT HAS GONE THE WAY OF THE BUFFALO!! I doubt I will get to see it ever again atleast where I might be able to snag a handful.

squirtthecat

Scott, it was nice meeting you as well!   Let me know when you run out of Soileau's, and we can arrange a drop shipment up to Iowa..   I'll be nice and accept your money next time.   ;D   Soileau's is like crack - first taste is free!

The drive up was nice.   Blue sky and sunny.

Until we got to Galesburg..

Things got a bit dark, wet and chilly after that.

I didn't get any pictures inside of "The Shed", but the place was packed.  Huge portions of food.   Very tasty.   I had a meatloaf stack sandwich of sorts that was every bit of 7" tall.

Coming back home, it was a race against the weather.  Springfield was under a Severe Thunderstorm warning, so we had to do a quick transfer of pig parts from Hal's bus to my hoopty.  First we thought we'd just put his cooler in my trunk and be done with it - but it wouldn't fit.  Then it got stuck.    After a few heaves, we decided just to dump and run.

28 minutes later, I was backing up to my garage.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce you to Hamzilla's Sister:

(microwave entree provided for scale)

And few of her distant cousins, in the form of pork bellies.

We got a bit of lagniappe as well.   I got the rub, Hal has the sauce. 

I even got to briefly talk to The Monkey on the way back!   Nice chatting with you Sonny!

Gizmo

You folks keep meeting up like that and you will have to start brining a portable smoker along.   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

hal4uk

It was a good trip, and a blast to finally meet TP and Seemore!
I was starving, and ate entirely too much fried chicken & fixins...

Dang, Sonny, I'm sorry I forgot to call, but it's probably for the best that we didn't have you on speakerphone ---  The TP offspring were along and it was enough trouble trying to tell them not to repeat anything I SAID  ;D

Got home, crawled on the couch, and the dadgum power went out.  Stayed out for quite a while.  Whatta mess.

But it was a fun day --- with excellent company!
Next time, we need to try one of the Amish restaurants, and I'll see if I can eat 6 fried chickens!!!

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby