Cheese smoke for the first time

Started by _Bear_, October 29, 2010, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

Thanks. All packaged up waiting for Christmas ::)

Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

FLBentRider

Nice looking cheese.

Do we ALL vac seal on the stove? I do.. LOL
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

CentPaSmokin

I am using my smoker for the first time right now doing 5 different cheeses with cold smoker attachment . Seems to be working nicely 60 out and temp inside staying around 75. Can't tell you guys enough how much I have learned from your posts thank you all very much. Steping up to franks this weekend can't wait to to get started. ;D 

pensrock

CentPa, Where in PA are you? I'm guessing your close to me in the DuBois area. Welcome to the forum.

CentPaSmokin

I am in Milton /Lewisburg area thanks for the welcome . Really looking forward to making [ attempting I should say] Franks and sausage this weekend.

pensrock

Have fun and remember, even the mistakes taste good.

rcger

I smoked 4 pounds of Cheddar yesterday.  The tower stayed around 84 degrees.  It's sealed and in the refrigerator.  I don't think I can wait 4 weeks to crack it open and sample.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

_Bear_

Well, I had to repackage  some of my cheese today  ;D. I ran out of bags when I was origanally packing after the smoke so I had to double and triple up, so I thought I would repackage them as  singles today today. It also gave me a chance to try it  8). The cheddar was still very smokey, but definatly mellowing from when first done 12 days ago, the gouda and  monteray jack were very nice. Now they will stay packaged up for another 25 or 30 days befor I test it out again, I expect the cheddar should be very nice by then.
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"