Summer Sausage recipe???????????????

Started by bundy, October 30, 2010, 05:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: pikeman_95 on October 31, 2010, 07:42:51 AM
ten point
I have been looking to find the flavor of the good old Costco polish dog and I do not believe it is the same flavors found in polish kielbasa. I was told at one time it was ground celery but I have never found ground celery just celery seed.

Kirby

Well if you don't want to grind fresh celery you might try dehydrated celery flakes, here is one source.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

pikeman_95

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Sailor on October 31, 2010, 07:44:10 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 31, 2010, 07:26:36 AM
Wasn't salty at all it was really good. I have some new casings ordered and I will be making some more of this as soon as they get here.
BTW  I did copy this recipe down and it is stored in the computer....just sayin that it is safe.  Just in case something happens to your copy of the recipe.  :o  Little inside humor there. ;D
Dont worry I got it saved already in a Kitten proof container!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

watchdog56

Can anyone explain to me what the powdered dextrose does in 10.5 recipe? I cannot find it in any stores where I live and I would like to make some venison summer sausage next weekend.

KevinG

It's sugar, but not as strong as regular sugar.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

watchdog56

Thanks found a butcher shop that carries it.

micman

socal try and mix your seagull with a little pigeon or owl, its not to bad, I understand that eagle is pretty good but ya gotta by it from the natives up here. ;D ;D ;D