Peterson pucks

Started by Keymaster, October 30, 2010, 11:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Well, I think I got duped, I needed some alder to smoke my salmon so I went to a place that told me these peterson pucks work great now that they have resized them. They wont even fit in the feed tube. I guess I will hand feed them or does anyone think Bradley Hickory would be ok for salmon, I know your answer TenPoint5  ;D

Quarlow

Have you got a belt sander...ok forget that. You will be fine with hickory on salmon but you may want to reduce the smoke time some. I would say if you were going to smoke for 3 hrs then go with 2hrs 20 mins. Or if 2 hrs go with 1hr 40mins.  I would say 30 mins less but the darn pucks don't cooperate that way.  ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

From the looks of it, they might not fit on the hot plate too well.

Q is correct - forget the belt sander.  Use a lathe.  :-\
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

moodyfisherman

I live in Tacoma, WA and use Peterson's pucks allot....so much that I ground off the smoke generator guide rails and stack two of those pucks and put them on the hot plate. They last for an hour each and are a great smoke ...you have to time if so you don't forget to push the spent pucks into the water after 2 hours (2 pucks stacked). they work great when you are out of Bradley bisquetts, but are great to use.
Is that a bear with MY brisket in his paws?

Keymaster

yep, I decided to make a 100 mile round trip to cabelas in the morning before the Smoke, I cant see opening the door every twenty minutes to put a new peterson puck in the bradley. I'll use them in the Primo when I do Brisketts and Butts  ;D thanks for all the suggestions guys!!!

BuyLowSellHigh

Gee they look big enough, maybe you could use them as coasters first, then throw them in the Primo.  :D
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Keymaster

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on October 30, 2010, 06:59:27 PM
Gee they look big enough, maybe you could use them as coasters first, then throw them in the Primo.  :D

LMAO  BLS, Good one  ;D

Tenpoint5

I guess I dont have to answer this thread.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sorce

Maybe a hole saw and a scrap piece of 2x4, saw a hole all the way through the 2x4, then use that to hold the puck in place and cut them down to size.

Keymaster

Quote from: Sorce on June 27, 2011, 04:30:10 PM
Maybe a hole saw and a scrap piece of 2x4, saw a hole all the way through the 2x4, then use that to hold the puck in place and cut them down to size.
Thanks for the reply, I done burnt them all up in my BBQ for alder smoke, they worked good for that.