Wish Us All in the Gulf States Luck....

Started by Oldman, July 08, 2005, 12:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well Dennis is already a cat 4 this morning and it has not yet crossed Cuba. One of us Gulf States is going to take it hard.

Even if he stays on course it will be very wild and wet here Saturday. If I'm not posting by Sunday... [:(] Now I got to get the house ready for him.[:(]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

HCT

Stay safe Olds. I have alot of friends from my Just Labs board down that way. Here's hoping for the best.
Mickey

I Share my life with 6 labradors. Who could ask for more?

God bless our wildlife!
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Lasse

Sending prayers for a safe outcome and downgrade.

/Lasse

BigSmoker

good luck Olds.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

tsquared

Hang onto your hat and lash down the Bradley, Raye. Keep in touch.
T2

Phone Guy

Habanero Smoker

Good luck. I'll be looking forward to your post on Sunday.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

MallardWacker

My thoughts are with you my friend.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

oguard

Good luck Raye.Tie down those pineapples and hold on.Our thoughts are with you.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

jaeger

Good Luck Olds!!!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

JJC

Don't spit into the wind, Olds . . . good luck, my friend!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

Well the good news is it has dropped to a Cat 1 this morning with maximum sustained winds of 90 mph. IMO that is just a good blow. However, it might get stronger, but if by some chance  the top of it got sheared by a strong wind it would fall apart and become a tropical storm.

While no one wants to see even a strong tropical storm, as far as hurricanes go Dennis is not an overly impressive one. You almost cannot see its eye. Plus the body of it is not a large one. The bad part is there is a lot of warm water it has to travel over yet so it can grow quicky. If it continues on its track I will only get some T-storms at best. [:D]

Compair Dennis to this one whose eye missed my house last year by a little over 50 miles. Look at the size of this storm. Now it has an EYE!

When looking at this storm you can get a feeling for why I say as a strom Dennis is not an overly impressive one.

Thanks all for the good wishes! Let's all just hope that somehow it downgrades to a TS as it is going to hit someone's house.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Glad to hear Dennis is running out of wind.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Ouch at 10 pm Dennis was back up to a Cat 3 with winds steady at 125 mph. He still got about 2/3 the length of Florida to go and that is a lot of warm water. If he stays on track the eye will not make land fall until Sunday 7 pm.

I feel for those folks, he still got plenty of time to go Cat 4 and while no storm has ever turn to a Cat 5 this far up it is still possible. If there can be an upside to him it is he is not a big storm. Downside side is he is only moving at 14 mph.

Ha big storm...he is big enough he going be ruining some folks lives in the next day...

He is the 5th storm this season and it is a long damn time till December...

May the Lord of Life look out for those poor souls...

Olds

Oldman

Crap-O I get up this morning and Dennis is now a Cat 4..maintaining 140 mph winds. At least his speed has increased to 18 mph.

He is now a well defined boy. Look at how tightly he is wrapped. No doubt about seeing his eye now. Those folks are already getting hit hard in this picture.

Olds