Simple Mid-Week Dinner, Sausage and Peppers

Started by ArnieM, November 03, 2010, 07:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Rough recipe.

I had a couple of hot Italian sausage links from the butcher.  They were fried slowly in a little oil to brown up and cook through.  They were removed from the pan and the grease/oil was drained off.

I had a couple of red and a few green Pablanos from the garden.  They went into the pan with onion and garlic.  I put one small half-ripe Naga Jolokia in there too.  Talk about kicking it up several notches.  Then the sausage went back into the pan.

My wife sprinkles cayenne on her scrambled eggs but she couldn't take the heat from the Naga.  I liked it.  :D

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Smokin Soon

I've been drooling over that for about 10 minutes now. Thats just pretty! I gotta do some reading on peppers to see if that is something I want to plant. I don't do much with my Cabella's dehydrator anymore as wifey has lost interest in jerky. A load of peppers might be just what it needs. Not to sure about the Naga, might be out of my threshold.

DTAggie

ArnieM

If only I had a nice bun to stuff it into ...

I really like the Pablanos.  Nice pepper taste with just a little heat.  If you get them red, dehydrate them and grind them, you have Ancho powder.

The ones in the pics were just in a paper bag.  A couple ripened, most didn't.  I picked them off a couple of weeks ago because the night time temps were going below freezing.  I hate winter.

The hot Italian sausage is from my butcher.  I had some Jal sausage and some hot lamb sausage, all good stuff.  Of course, I gave him a bag of Jals.

The pic below is his sausage stuffer.  It looks OLD.  His buck watches over the process.  ;D

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BuyLowSellHigh

Dang, Arnie.  Gotta clean off the keyboard again.  Another beautiful plate.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here