A house for my smoker

Started by SL2010, November 06, 2010, 09:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL2010

I was wondering if anyone has plans or idea's on a nice outdoor shed for my BDS living in north western PA the temp is slowly droppin and i want to smoke all winter i smoked two weeks ago on a cooler rainy day i could see the cold weather really affects these smokers i am not that good hammer so simple would be best thanks

squirtthecat

I took the Buy vs Build route..

Suncast tall storage cabinet.   It was $99 at Menards. (similar to a Lowes or a Homer Depot)

It is bolted to the fence, as it is a bit top-heavy. (and we get some serious winds here)

It's not insulated, but it keeps the wind away from the smoker.  I just crack the doors when smoking in frigid (single digit) temps.

SL2010

Thanks it gets good and cold and windy here as well i bet its nice having it at eye level

squirtthecat

Quote from: SL2010 on November 06, 2010, 09:19:32 AM
Thanks it gets good and cold and windy here as well i bet its nice having it at eye level

Yes, very handy..   That was a cabinet from a friend's kitchen, it housed a convection oven or something like that.  I had to do some trimming on it to get it to fit.

You could probably insulate one of these things with that foam board insulation.  Just cut and glue to the sides/back.  (make sure you have enough clearance for the Bradley door to swing open)

The Bradley sits a good 3" away from the back wall.  Plenty of room so I don't have to worry about the heat warping the plastic.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pensrock

SL2010, if you do not mind, where in NW PA do you live. I"m near DuBois and keep my smoker on the covered deck and use it year round. I do have corrugated plastic sheets on one side of the deck where the smoker sits to keep wind and blowing snow away.

SL2010

I am just outside sharon in the woods

pensrock

OK, I have been past Sharon a few times.

SL2010

my fathers side of family is from out that neck of the woods have ever gone over the hill to denny's beer barrel for the burgrers

pensrock

Yep been there several times. Never tried one of the giant sized burgers. They also make a bunch of different kinds of wings.

SL2010

A crew of the guys that i work with went out there few years back an and one of them beat the 3 pounder not me i had the ribs and wings they were good 

pensrock

A guy from work did a two pounder and said he felt he could of maybe finished a three pounder. I have never tried his ribs, had burgers and wings though and they are always good.

SL2010

one of our team drivers lives out there and his oldest son has beat a couple of them i have tried to beat challenges from the man vs food show the only one that i have ever beat was the dagwood in Columbus OH

iceman