Dirty Bradley

Started by _Bear_, November 06, 2010, 07:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

Acting upon Tenpoint5's suggestion in another thread, I decided to take apart my Smoke generator and clean it up tonight.............HOLY CRAP......literally. That thing was full of wood chips/sawdust. Blew it  all clean with my air compressor, lubed the puck feed, cleaned the burner with a wire brush, it works just like new again. Thanks Tenpoint5 for the  suggestion.

I hooked up my new cold smoke attachment tonight as well, but I did not have a table the  right height to set it on, so I am setting the wife loose with the bank card tomorrow while I am at work, who knows what she will come home with. Tomorrow night one way or the other some cheese is getting smoked. I also ordered a 900 watt element for it last week, I can hardly wait for it to come in, should help fight off the winter chill.

I do have one question about the magnetic door seal. Is there anything a person should do other than wipe it down with a little soap and water??
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

DTAggie

I have not even cleaned mine with soap and water.  Just wipe it with a wet cloth after smoking.  What kind of cold smoke attachment do you have?

_Bear_

I bought the Bradley attachment
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: _Bear_ on November 06, 2010, 07:56:00 PM

I do have one question about the magnetic door seal. Is there anything a person should do other than wipe it down with a little soap and water??

I like to use rubbing alcohol to clean the door seal.

Works well and no rinsing or drying needed.
HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

Hawkeye just set you straight.  Rubbing alcohol on the seal and on the surface of the tower where the seal meets the box.  The alcohol will "cut" the smoke residue and prevent the seal from sticking to the tower.

pensrock

alcohol works here also.....

_Bear_

Maybe  I will just stick to cleaning it  with soap and water and drink the alcohol  ;D ;D.

In all seriousness, the alcohol swab is a good idea, thanks guys.
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ