Slider knob?

Started by ajholt7, November 07, 2010, 04:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajholt7

I replaced my cracked faceplate and can't figure out how to get the slider knob back on.  It just popped right off but I cannot get it back on.  Any help would be appreciated.

ArnieM

It's just a press fit.  Is it that you can't get it on or it won't stay on?
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

The actual little square cover has not been on my slide arm in months.  If you cannot get it to stay, you will be fine with the metal slide post sticking out of the face plate.

ajholt7

I think mine may have broke then.  The plastic piece did not come off.  The metal came out with it.

Habanero Smoker

Your did break it. How much of the medal snapped off with the knob? Are you still able to adjust it using your fingers? If not, you may be able to use a wood skewer to slide and adjust the temperature controller.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ajholt7

I can still slide the adjustment.  I just want it fixed right. 

ArnieM

aj, if it's still under warranty, contact Bradley.  They'll fix ya up.  Another, though more expensive alternative, is to get an Auber Instruments PID for temp control.  You can then just push the lever all the way to the right and let the PID control the temp.

It would be nice if one of our metal fabricating members could come up with an aluminum faceplate.  I'm on my third one.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: ajholt7 on November 08, 2010, 01:29:47 PM
I can still slide the adjustment.  I just want it fixed right. 

Then you have to replace the temperature controller.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)