Rckcrwlr's Trip to the Store

Started by Rckcrwlr, November 09, 2010, 10:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rckcrwlr

I was out in the store when I ran into these 12 young chicks.  They had the most incredible legs and thighs...  But really caught my attention were their Breasts.

So I brought them home to have a smoke with me...

Now that your minds are out of the gutter.

I will go step by step on turning these into the most incredible smoked turkey breast known to man.

So what are your suggestions one how I should treat these ladies???  Rub???  Brine??? What wood???

TestRocket

I think you should buy them a beer first!  ;D

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: TestRocket on November 09, 2010, 10:52:30 AM
I think you should buy them a beer first!  ;D

Now that was just uncalled for...they're too young to drink...   ;D

FLBentRider

Are the breasts "enhanced" ?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

If so, don't bother brining.

Carolina treet and Jans rub, Salt lick if you want to "kick it up a notch or two"
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Baby Boulders!   Those will make a pile of sandwiches.....

Don't worry about brining them, they are already pumped with a salt/broth solution.

I cook them from the frozen state, but you can thaw them first if you like.  Just leave in the netting, or they will fall to pieces when cooking.

I use a mix of Apple & Pecan for poultry, but a lot of people like the stronger Hickory flavor.
Smoke at 250° until you get an internal temperature of 165°, then wrap up and lest rest a while.
The netting comes off easier if they are still warm and moist.

I've hung them by the netting during the cook...

They seem keep their shape better that way.

Or you can just pile 3 or so on a rack.   4 might be a big crowded.

Definitely mix up some Jan's Rub and use EVOO or something else on the outside for 'glue'.

Rckcrwlr

I am only going to do 6 at a time.  I got a deal on the case so I am in no hurry.

Are yours the 3lb'ers?  They look bigger.

I have some Carolina BBQ that I was going to use as the "glue" and then some type of rub.  I will have to look up Jan's.

I was thinking of doing them frozen so not to cook them too fast being that they are so small.

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 09, 2010, 10:56:25 AM
Are the breasts "enhanced" ?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I was going to take a "closer" look but STC beat me to it... He has dealt with this girls before.

squirtthecat

The ones I 'strung up' were 3lb Honeysuckle Whites like yours.  Gravity played some tricks with them.   ;)   I'm 90% sure they are 'enhanced', but you might want to check.  I know Butterball pumps theirs up with all kinds of stuff.

KyNola

I've done those many times as well.  I vary from STC's method in that I don't hang them.  Other than that difference, put them in frozen after applying Carolina Treet if you have it and Jan's Original Dry Rub.the JODR recipe is in the recipe website.  Smoke them at 250 until the IT hits 160 and then pull them out.  One thing, when you put them in the smoker leave the net on them as they will fall apart into chunks otherwise.  You can split the netting about halfway back on the top side to aid in netting removal when it's time.

Rckcrwlr

Thank you so much...cannot wait to do them.

BuyLowSellHigh

My mind is still in the gutter .. takes a while after someone mentions breasts, legs and thighs.

They do look mighty fine.  Can hardly wait to see the results.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

smoker pete

They must of had some sale on those turkey 'outer, front part of the thorax' (that was so BLSH would remain calm ;D ;D) for you to get a dozen of them or maybe you just like turkey breasts  ;D ;D  That's going to make a boat load of turkey sandwiches and/or entrees.  Looking forward to see how they come out.

I'm really getting interested in smoking me a frozen Baby Boulder and can't wait to see the results.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

FLBentRider

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on November 09, 2010, 02:44:12 PM
My mind is still in the gutter .. takes a while after someone mentions breasts, legs and thighs.

Not a butt man?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DTAggie

Pete you really need to try one of these they are awesome.  Like others said, loosen the netting and cut it just a bit to make removal easier after smoking.  I lay mine on the rack.  Try a couple of different sauces I mean glues and rub combinations, but definitely Jan's!

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 09, 2010, 03:49:29 PM
Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on November 09, 2010, 02:44:12 PM

Not a butt man?

I'm indiscriminate -- I like all good parts.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

smoker pete

Quote from: DTAggie on November 09, 2010, 08:29:12 PM
Pete you really need to try one of these they are awesome.  Like others said, loosen the netting and cut it just a bit to make removal easier after smoking.  I lay mine on the rack.  Try a couple of different sauces I mean glues and rub combinations, but definitely Jan's!

I will do one soon DTA.  Thinking I might use CT for the glue and Jan's Dry Rub to start with.  Waiting for the CT.  Store bought smoked turkey leaves lots to be desired at times.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl