Did you miss me? . . . Were you gone?

Started by JJC, July 11, 2005, 06:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oguard

Good to hear from ya Bill[:)][:)].I am sure you will have no problems with your goals and wish you the best in a speedy recovery.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

JJC

Hi Bill,

Just returned from my trip late yesterday, and what wonderful news it is to see you in such good spirits.  Nothing beats coming out of surgery feeling like it's worked!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

A week after leaving the hospital, I am down 23#.  I know it won't continue at that rate, but I am pretty impressed.  I am behaving myself competely.  Tonight Marinating and preparing steaks for my wife and son, but I have already had my wonderful puréed cream of asperagus soup with a bit of potatoe to add bulk, a string cheese stick, 4 ozs of sugar free jello.  Life just doesn't get better, unless it is your life!

Keeping the faith!

Looking for folks to see much less of me!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

Bill, either you're the most disciplined man in the world or you're on some great drugs!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

No drugs.  Just reality of this operation is that I cannot eat anything other than liquids, purée until I see surgeon on 26th.  Then, I can have real food, but lots of limitations for the first 6 months.  Some "real food" causes nausea and vomiting, others can clog up the anastomosis, and that could result in surgery being needed.  There is also a problem wih "dumping" if I eat sugars.  So anyway I am fat, and have to stick to this to be successful.  I now have a tool to lose the weight I need to lose, and I am going to use it, despite the sacrifice I now have to make.

Yes, it sucks, but it is my reality now.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

Bill I'm proud of you. We all have our own Devils. You just happen to be one who looked his in the eye and said...Go back to Hell. I'm taking my life back.

Again, I'm proud of you and I sure that not only are the members, who have gotten to know you, proud of you--but you have given all of us encouragement and reason to look our own Devils in the eye.

Thank you!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Bill I'm proud of you. We all have our own Devils. You just happen to be one who looked his in the eye and said...Go back to Hell. I'm taking my life back.

Again, I'm proud of you and I sure that not only are the members, who have gotten to know you, proud of you--but you have given all of us encouragement and reason to look our own Devils in the eye.

Thank you!

Olds

Amen !!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />

Heck, I miss my triple shot of espresso more than anything else right now!  Going to roast up some decaf beans tonight and try a latte tomorrow morning.  Most gastric bypass patients become lactose intolerant, so might have to use Soy milk, but it will taste darn good!

Bill

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bill, I know a few people that have had this work done. Let me tell you that they seem so much happier now and feel so much better. My best to you for making your goal.

Now about the roasting the beans... I have been thinking about doing this. I heard you can use a pop corn popper, is that correct? Also do you have an automatic espresso machine?

BigSmoker

Bill you are the Man.  I'm glad you are doing so well[8D].  Can't say I could only take the decaf though that would be tough.  Maybe you will be lucky and still be able to do some regular leaded stuff.  I would be glad to roast you some decaf as dark as you want it to help in your recovery.  Just let me know[:D].  

P.S.  Coffee is not jiffy pop LOL.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

nsxbill

I use a Hot Top Roaster.  Tried a Zach and Dani's first, then an alpenrost and then I settled in for the best on the market for home roasters, in my opinion.  Hottop was purchased from //www.Sweetmarias.com.  I started with a Rancilio Silvia and Rocky grinder.  I now have a Rancilio S27 automatic espresso machine.  It is great.  Picture is here:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/nsxbill/S27.jpg

My setup is here:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/nsxbill/Bar.jpg

I also have a drum roaster that I can use on my Weber Gas Grill.  It goes on the rotisserie rod and will do 2# at a time.

Yes, you can use a popcorn popper, but if you are a coffee nut like me, you will never be happy with it.

We rarely have just coffee.  Everyone in the house is a pretty good barista!

I am now roasting decaf beans and using Soy milk...6 months of hell, but I have to let my stomach heal.

Bill

Oldman

Now Bill I don't want you to get into trouble, so do you need my address??? Why not get rid of the temptation and ship all of those bottles to me? [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!