I've been thinking about ....

Started by Oldman, July 13, 2005, 03:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I've been thinking about ....Growing some Fresno peppers in my winter garden...if you can call it a winter here.

A while back someone posted about a pepper holder for ABT in the smoker. Anyone know where that thread is.. for some reason I cannot find it.

While I thinking about gardening if you all have not grown a Kohlrabi you are missing on of the greatest treats around. It has to grown in the cooler months here as when the days get to hot it will go wooden. It is part of cabbage family, however has a turnip like appearance. It does not taste like a cabbage at all. It also reminds of the TV show "My Favorite Martian" with leaves standing out like spokes. If you do grow one don't over grow it...that is the biggest mistake made the first time around.

Many times I just peel it and eat. Some folks cook it like a potato and mash it... I don't! Many times I add it to a salad. Anyway this is what it looks like. Give it a shot. It is pretty easy to grow, and quite refreshing.

Thanks.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

jaeger

Olds,
I think that the "chili grill" that was posted before was a different type that Cabelas was clearing out. They were a nice heavy gauge stainless that were rectangle shape.
I did find some  here....also some very interesting accessories. Check it out!

https://www.irondesert.com/c-2-chile-grills.aspx

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jaeger</i>
<br />Olds,
I think that the "chili grill" that was posted before was a different type that Cabelas was clearing out. They were a nice heavy gauge stainless that were rectangle shape.
I did find some  here....also some very interesting accessories. Check it out!

https://www.irondesert.com/c-2-chile-grills.aspx

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Another thing that I like about Iron Desert holders, is that the holes are 1", most of the others are 3/4" in diameter.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!