Tenpoint5 1/4 Begins Her Butt Whooping!!

Started by Tenpoint5, November 13, 2010, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Now that Hal has had enough time to bask in the after glow of a successful Bacon Making Experience. It is time for Miss Rachel to bring out the Big Guns and Lower the BOOM!! She is the 1st of 4 kids hence the 1/4 moniker.

Once you have all the seasonings and the cure ready and mixed up and the fresh belly in a 2.5 gallon bag. (Apparently these are unavailable in Illinois) You bring them together.

You dump half of the seasoning mix on the belly and rub it in. Once rubbed in you flip and repeat.

Then you apply approximately 1/8 of a cup of pure Maple syrup to each side for a total of 1/4 cup and rub it in.

After you have everything rubbed into the fresh belly. You squeeze out as much air as possible and seal. Then it is off to Dads beer fridge for a week of curing. During this week she will be flipping it over each day.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

You go 1/4. Show Hal that the apple doesn't fall far from the cart.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

BuyLowSellHigh

Go Rachel !   Go Rachel !   Go Rachel !   Go Rachel !   
Go Rachel !   Go Rachel !   Go Rachel !   Go Rachel !   

This is now getting good!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

punchlock

Can anyone shed some light on what might have started this little feud?

KevinG

I'd be counting them beers Chris, with all that peeking, one might happen to fall off and roll out of sight.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Quote from: punchlock on November 13, 2010, 10:26:22 AM
Can anyone shed some light on what might have started this little feud?

It all started when I was delivering some Fresh bellies to Hal and Squirt. We all sat down around a table and had a bite to eat. We were talking about making bacon and my daughter said something to Hal about that's easy. I've watched Dad do a lot of times or words to that effect. It was game on from there. At least I think that is how they got into this thing. Hal should have a better recollection of the whole process. I think he started it!! ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

Go 1/4..... show him how easy it is. Looks pretty easy so far.  :)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KevinG on November 13, 2010, 10:42:51 AM
I'd be counting them beers Chris, with all that peeking, one might happen to fall off and roll out of sight.

I am a BAD Dad!! I have told her as I will tell the rest of them when they get older. If you want a beer and you want to sit down at the table with supper and drink it or sit and watch a movie and drink it, or help me with cooking supper and drink it. That's fine with me. That way I know where you are, how much your drinking and who your drinking with. I don't want you to be out on some gravel road with a bunch of kids drinking and then driving and God knows what else. I figure if I take away the element of secrecy. I am taking away the desire to do it. She has told me several times she doesn't want to drink any beer, it smells bad and she didn't like the taste of it when I offered her a drink. We do have a pretty good line of communication between us right now but she isn't a full fledged Teenager yet. So I am still cool to be around.

ronbeaux

I'm teared up. My daughter turns 31 tomorrow, and lives on the other end of the US in Fargo ND. She does still call and ask the 'Old Man' how to cook stuff though, so it ain't that bad.  All her friends come to her house for Cajun food.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

BuyLowSellHigh

Chris, that isn't being a bad Dad at all, at least not in my mind.  Your approach is exactly what I intend to do when the time comes.  If they're going to experiment and try things out, I'd rather it be at home in a safe environment than when they are out and about with their buddies and reckless friends.  Keep it up and your kids will do very well.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KevinG

That sounds like a good plan, I remember trying beer as a kid and didn't like it either. I still don't drink it that much, but other stuff......
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Quarlow

You are doing fine buddy. I took the same approach with my girls and they came out right in that respect. My oldest (20)is like her mom, one or 2 brown cows or a couple of vodka paralizers and they are done. The 19 year old likes to have a few with dad but when she is at a party she hardly drinks cause she knows she is going to have to deal with drunk retards. My dad let us have some now and then also but it didn't work on me and my bro's. We would hang out in the powerlines where all the neighbour kids did and if we could get it would all end up poopie face and sick in the bushes. Man those were goodtimes.  ;D But that wore off and know 4 or 5 drinks and it is time to stop or I know how I will feel the next day. I guess I am just not "spirit"ually sadistic anymore.  :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

You GO Gurl!

Thats cool showing the daughter how to make bacon.

It will help when it comes time to catch a Husband! ;D

Tenpoint5

I told her to remember to flip it every day. So she hung a note on the cabinet.

I asked her Whats that? She said its to remind me to flip my Bacon. That's not bacon. Huh?? Doh I spelled it wrong!!! Should I flip it now? Yes after school every day. OK Bacon flipped.