Tenpoint5 1/4 Begins Her Butt Whooping!!

Started by Tenpoint5, November 13, 2010, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

We got sort of a late start this morning. Somebody other than me over slept!! In an attempt to make this a little more fun. I thought I would make a couple short videos of this process with a beginner. Yes Sailor Papa is proud. This is a great way to spend some quality time with my daughter. She wont remember the waterpark we went to. She will however remember making Bacon with her Papa.

As you view the video's it is apparent that we are both beginners. Her with the smoker and me with taking videos with a camera. Click on the picture for the video.Enjoy!!

Preheating the Digital Bradley Smoker

Turning on the Smoke Generator

Loading the Bradley with Bacon

While the Bacon is smoking Miss Rachel has expressed a desire to make some more snack sticks and some summer sausage. I can do that!! But that will be another thread.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sailor

Nice job on the video!  She is really doing a fantastic job.  Yes, she will remember this time with you.  I can't wait to see her slice it and fry up a piece of the bacon that Miss Rachel built.

I think her making some snack stixs will be right up her alley.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

KyNola

pensrock

BuyLowSellHigh

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

seemore

deb415611

classicrockgriller

Tenpoint5

Well the Bacon was in the smoker for 4 hours. What happens after that is in the next 3 videos.

We would have posted things earlier but Miss Rachel and her Papa was sorta busy.

The smaller chubs got to temp early but didn't get much color on them. But here they are blooming before they went into the fridge for an over night. The Hukki/Honeycomb one are still in the oven got a few more degrees to go until they get up to temp.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hal4uk

I concede.
In crawl stance.
Looking for rock.
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

Well, that butt kicking is finally mercifully over.  Way to go Rachel!  Outstanding job girl!  You're Daddy's chest is all swelled up with pride.

Chris, really nice thing you're doing.  Rachel will remember these days forever.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on November 20, 2010, 09:22:28 PM
Well, that butt kicking is finally mercifully over.  Way to go Rachel!  Outstanding job girl!  You're Daddy's chest is all swelled up with pride.

Chris, really nice thing you're doing.  Rachel will remember these days forever.

The fat lady hasn't sung just yet Larry. We still have to cool over night then slice it up in the morning and have Bacon for breakfast. But Rachel will be happy as am I the Hukki/Honeycomb is finally done and hanging to bloom. Now all Miss Rachel has to do is fire up the smoker tomorrow and smoke her Venison Snack Sticks.

classicrockgriller

What a fun Day for Dad and Daughter.

Hal, it's Ok ............ you'll get her next time. ;D

hal4uk

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 20, 2010, 09:43:51 PM
Hal, it's Ok ............ you'll get her next time. ;D
Ya think?
It's more probable that my recently deceased grandmother will become queen of the Chinese roller derby.
But, whatever...  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

I didn't know your grandmother was in roller derby! :D