15 pounds and what do you get?

Started by Sailor, November 14, 2010, 06:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

Another day older and deeper in debt.  Tennessee Ernie Ford's song of 15 tons just hit me and now I have it stuck in my brain and will be singing it all day. ::)

Last night I mixed and stuffed 15 pounds of Summer Sausage.  10 pounds were the same recipe that I have been making and for 5 pounds I added ECA to see what that will do to them.  They are hung in the OBS and in for a drying cycle.  Will post more photos as the day progresses.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

squirtthecat

Nice!

How much ECA did you mix into the 5 pounds?

Sailor

I used 1 Tablespoon.  That is what Greg's spicy beef stix's called for so that is what I used.  Will see how they turn out and make adjustments to my recipe for other batches.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Sailor

Rollin 2 hours of Hickory.  Seems that I forgot to order more and that is all she wrote on the Hickory. 

The Hickory smoke is over.  I may add some more Oak to it in a few hours.  The IT is 120 and the cure is working its magic.  Boy, this is hard work!  I have worked up a sweat from smoking err trimming the hedges. ;D

classicrockgriller

You are not setting a good example for others by trimming your hedges.

That is work! ;D

Stay close to the Adultry Beverages and the Smoker.

Sailor

This load hit the stall at 120 and it took 3 hours to get over that hump.  She is rising to 122 now.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little