Snake River Farms discount

Started by KyNola, November 16, 2010, 12:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Quote from: Wildcat on November 17, 2010, 05:45:02 AM
there is no reason that I can see for requiring shipment via such an expensive method with no options being given to the customer on arrival dates other than requiring them to order two days prior to when it is desired. I do not want expensive meat sitting on my sunny front portch (possibly all day long) here in Florida...
I don't want to belabor this thread but I ordered mine yesterday.  It is being delivered next Wednesday, the 24th.  WC, I think the Friday delivery date that popped up was the quickest it could be delivered.  I think if you had clicked on the delivery date window, it would have opened up and you could choose a future delivery date.  BTW, I don't blame you for not wanting it sitting on your front porch all day.  I wouldn't either.

Wildcat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 17, 2010, 04:48:19 PM
Quote from: Wildcat on November 17, 2010, 11:08:52 AM
Merchandise Sub Total $70.00
Discount ($10.50)
Subtotal $59.50
Est. Shipping $48.17
Est. Total $107.67

I sent BIL a 14 lb Brisket and two racks of St louis stye ribs and shipping was $25.

Quote from: KyNola on November 18, 2010, 08:59:02 AM
Quote from: Wildcat on November 17, 2010, 05:45:02 AM
there is no reason that I can see for requiring shipment via such an expensive method with no options being given to the customer on arrival dates other than requiring them to order two days prior to when it is desired. I do not want expensive meat sitting on my sunny front portch (possibly all day long) here in Florida...
I don't want to belabor this thread but I ordered mine yesterday.  It is being delivered next Wednesday, the 24th.  WC, I think the Friday delivery date that popped up was the quickest it could be delivered.  I think if you had clicked on the delivery date window, it would have opened up and you could choose a future delivery date.  BTW, I don't blame you for not wanting it sitting on your front porch all day.  I wouldn't either.

We are taking the new RV to Jacksonville, Florida next week for a visit with family during Thanksgiving. Perhaps I will try ordering again when I get back. $48 shipping costs for a $58 piece of meat is just not cost effective in my book. Even $25 shipping is high, but to be able to try it out, I may get it at that rate. I did not notice a delivery date window but will look again. Thanks for the info.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

I just tried again with a delivery date of December 1. Here are the results:

Promotion Code srfvip
SRF VIP
Merchandise Subtotal $70.00
Discount ($10.50)
Subtotal $59.50
Shipping $48.17
Tax $0.00
Total $107.67

:-\

I guess when I get back from Jacksonville, I will look for a contact phone number an give the a call.

KyNola

Dang shipping price.

Contact number 877.736.0193

FLBentRider

My shipping for a 14-17 brisket was $8 LESS.

It has to go farther to get to me, it may be a "proximity to the airport" thing.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Wildcat

I called them. They told me that they entered a new contract with Fed EX and this is what it will cost me. They are hoping that UPS will provide something better. We chatted awhile and I told him that when the costs for shipping became more reasonable then I would place an order and give their product a try.