Bradley is AWESOME

Started by jephjeph, July 18, 2005, 05:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephjeph

Thanks much to the folks on this forum-- the last two weekends I've been a BBQ <b>hero</b> to my family. Maybe not the best of the best, but surely in the top 2%-- and better than most of what's available here in california.

Last weekend did a pork shoulder in Dizzy's rub.

This weekend did a 14 pound brisket "braggin rights brisket" from the smoke and spice book. You'd think that with 8-10 people there would be leftovers, but both times there wasn't!!! ha ha!

I did get the BBQ guru from the get go, mostly for the convenience factor.

You guys are great. Looking forward to doing some more esoteric stuff, such as fish and cheese, but for now I'm learning the basics.

nsxbill

Life really is terrible when you have to eat meat from your smoker that is seasoned and then smoked to perfection!  

Glad you were able to shine with your friends!  

The heat here in Nor Cal has really sucked lately.  105° F. today here above Sacramento.  Are you in Northern or Southern Cal?

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

Congrats on your success. Welcome to the forums.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

AND YET ANOTHER CONVERT!

Glad to see your success and welcome to the forum....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />Life really is terrible when you have to eat meat from your smoker that is seasoned and then smoked to perfection!  

Glad you were able to shine with your friends!  

The heat here in Nor Cal has really sucked lately.  105° F. today here above Sacramento.  Are you in Northern or Southern Cal?

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

111 in Redding yesterday. I saw signs that said 113. Sat we went to Eureka it was 60. I looked at my BS yesterday and wondered if I could cold smoke when its 111 outside.[}:)]

nsxbill

So in Redding a.m., you just go out to the car, throw some eggs and bacon on the hood, and instant breakfast on the go!

The temps are killing me here near Placeville!

Bill

There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

jephjeph

I'm in San Jose (Santa Clara). It was hot, but not as hot as you guys are talking about.

The guys and gals at work have talked me into doing a Brisket for next Friday, which will be fun.

Man, I love that smoky flavor, and I can't believe how easy it is!

JJC

Welcome to the Forum--glad you're already a BBQ hero!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA