Turkey Breast with CT & JDR

Started by smoker pete, November 19, 2010, 08:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

I think I have arrived  ;D ;)  SWMBO just volunteered me to smoke a bone-in Turkey Breast for her Sewing Club's weekly meeting on Monday.  Woohooooo I mean, sure honey, I could do that ... !!

Has anyone ever used Carolina Treet (CT) and Jan's Dry Rub (JDR) on a turkey breast?  The results I got yesterday with Chicken is inspiring me to give this a try.  Going to splatchcock the breast and smoke it Sunday for Monday turkey sandwiches.  Other members of the club will bring the rest of the trimmings.

Have always used combo of Apple/Pecan.  Wonder how a combo of Hickory/Cherry like I used on chicken yesterday would taste like.  Anyone use Hickory much on Turkey?   

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

KyNola

Quote from: smoker pete on November 19, 2010, 08:49:17 AM
Has anyone ever used Carolina Treet (CT) and Jan's Dry Rub (JDR) on a turkey breast? 

Have always used combo of Apple/Pecan.  Wonder how a combo of Hickory/Cherry like I used on chicken yesterday would taste like.  Anyone use Hickory much on Turkey?   
Like you even had to ask?  Yep, CT & JDR on turkey is good too!  As for hickory on turkey, yep done that too.  I'm a hickory guy so I'm a little biased but I love hickory on turkey.