1st try with my Bradley

Started by TMB, November 20, 2010, 09:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

I can smell dat ham clear down here in Florida.  Whoot she sure looks purdy and bet it tastes better than it looks.  Yep, doing butts and brisket is sure hard work.  Standing over that hot Bradley for hours and hours  ;D.  She will be done as other have said "when its done".  Making a master piece take time.  :D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

TMB

Here is the ham sliced up!

Heres dinner!

Here my 5.5 lb butt!    Will pull in 2 hrs
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

KyNola

That ham looks AWESOME Tommy.  I would so hammer that.  The butt looks good too but that ham is stealing the show!

TMB

Thanks!    I will say and this is the truth....   This was the best Red Neck Ham I ever tasted!!   I have made a few of these and never had one turn out this good. 

I give the Bradley smoker all credit for this one!!  Now waiting to try that butt!!!!! ;)

deb415611

Sailor

I am going to have to try the Redneck ham.  It just looks so good.  Thanks for the tip on the glaze.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Tenpoint5

Not Bad for a beginner!!! ;D ;D Maybe now he will stop calling me asking when it will get DONE!!! LMAO Looks Great Tommy glad your finally getting to cook on your Bradley and enter the world of the Low and Slow!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TMB

OK 10.5 called me to ask how the butt turned out, well I had not unwrapped in yet so while I had him on the phone I opened the foil.
It's good, moist and very tender!!  The bone only stuck where there was a lot of rub/mustard, so I say this was a big cook for me and 1st time out ain't bad! ;D

Now add a little sauce and here's dinner!!

classicrockgriller

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Nice Going Tommy!

And The Adventure Begins ..............

KyNola

Oh yeah Tommy!  That butt is money!!!!!!!!

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Smokin Soon

You are REALLY smokin now Tommy!! Great Job!

SouthernSmoked

Heck Yeah Tommy, Awesome looking pulled pork and that red neck sammie looks great too.

What did you think of the butt?

How long did you end up doing the FTC?

PS: it was great talking to you on the phone last night and looks like you had a very successful first smoke.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

SnellySmokesEm

Awwww, you not a virgin anymore!  Ham and butt looks great.  I gotta try that ham.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

beefmann