1st try with my Bradley

Started by TMB, November 20, 2010, 09:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

The Butt looks Great Tommy. I would suggest just trying a Sammie nekkid or maybe drizzle a little sauce over the top. This aint the TBE Turbo 4 hour butt. You don't have to dump sauce all over the meat to get flavor!! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sailor

Yep, for your 1st time I would say that you nailed it.  I am still in love with that ham  :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

GusRobin

I agree --the ham stole the show. But the butt looks good too!
How many hours did it take and at what cooking temp?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

TMB

I pulled the ham out after 3 hrs 45 nin's unit running 252 most of the time. I did mop with glaze 3 times started at 3 hrs into the cook.

Butt went from 10:15 a.m till 7:38 P.M  removed FTC for about 2.5 hrs and then pulled apart.  Pretty good I'd say  ;)

But that low ans slow took sooooooooooo long!   ;D 
I told 10.5 I kept running outside to make sure the smoke didn't stop !  Talk about feeling like a newbie!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

sublimaze41

That ham looks absolutely wonderful! If I can find one this week I am going to do it just like yours.
Nothing better than a ham sammich!

TMB

Quote from: sublimaze41 on November 28, 2010, 03:23:03 AM
That ham looks absolutely wonderful! If I can find one this week I am going to do it just like yours.
Nothing better than a ham sammich!
Mine was hard to find believe it or not.  I thought canned hams were everywhere but I guess there going out of style.   I would rarely ever open a canned ham but for this use it's worth it's wait in gold   ;D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!