Smoked & Fried Turkey

Started by Gunny, November 20, 2010, 03:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunny

I wanted to try smoking a turkey for a few hours then finishing it in the fryer. Anybody ever tried that? That's what I was gonna try for Turkey day but right now my smoker is outa commission.
Don't kill it if you can't grill it!

Zagz

Oh no - What happened to your smoker? Hopefully it's 'out of commission' just means it's full of other meats at the moment...

Gunny

Zagz, I wish it were full! I have to replace the heating element and I don't think I'll be able to get a new one by Wednesday....  :(

KevinG

I just checked yard and pools policy and it does state they do express shipping

Next Day Air and Second Day Air delivery is available at an additional charge. For an express delivery shipping quote please contact us at 1-888-908-YARD during normal business hours or use our Contact Us Form. Be sure to list all items you wish to purchase as well as the complete shipping address and express shipping option you would like quoted. Items that are considered Hazardous Materials and some oversized/overweight items cannot be shipped next day or second day air and must go by standard ground service. Next Day Air and Second Day Air delivery is only available for "next business day" delivery. Weekend and holiday delivery is not available.

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Zagz

Well look at that - there is hope! Either way I hope you end up having a great holiday meal!

Habanero Smoker

There are several that have smoke a turkey either hot or cold smoked, and move it directly to a turkey fryer. It works well. There are mixed report on the finished color ranging from mahogany to black, but the reports on flavor are consistent -"Great".

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gunny

Thanks Habanero..... the color is good "eye candy" but the taste is what I'm lookin for! I've  gotta try it, I've gotta mix the best of two worlds.... smoke n deep fried!!!