Yummy Yummy, I got "Treet" for my Tummy!!

Started by smoker pete, November 15, 2010, 03:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Just got my shipment of 6 bottles of Carolina Treet Cooking Barbecue Sauce from Bryan at http://www.yardandpool.com/Carolina-Treet-Cooking-Barbecue-Sauce-p/ctbbq275.htm

Now we're talking ... Onward to bigger and better smokes  ;D 8)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

lumpy

Kinda makes your mouth water.........don't it :D

KyNola

HECK yeah!!  Pete, your life is about to change, for the better I might add. :D

KyNola

One other thing Pete.  Now that you have the CT and hopefully have some of Jan's Dry Rub left, try that flavor combination on some wings with some hefty hickory smoke.  Take the wings, coat them with the CT and then a liberal dose of the JDR and into the hickory.  KILLER!

Be sure to let us know how you like them.

smoker pete

Quote from: KyNola on November 16, 2010, 07:17:23 AM
One other thing Pete.  Now that you have the CT and hopefully have some of Jan's Dry Rub left, try that flavor combination on some wings with some hefty hickory smoke.  Take the wings, coat them with the CT and then a liberal dose of the JDR and into the hickory.  KILLER!

Be sure to let us know how you like them.
Will do.  Quick question:  OBS @250ยบ, vent wide open, but approximately how long?  Have never smoked any wings yet but now that I have CT and yes I do have some JDR left I figure I can do my first batch of chicken arm pits.

KyNola

Run smoke on them at 250 for about an hour and finish them off on your grill.  Otherwise, I'm afraid you may have rubbery skin.  Pain in the butt to transfer them but worth it in my opinion.

smoker pete

Quote from: KyNola on November 16, 2010, 10:09:55 AM
Run smoke on them at 250 for about an hour and finish them off on your grill.  Otherwise, I'm afraid you may have rubbery skin.  Pain in the butt to transfer them but worth it in my opinion.

Gotcha - can't be eating rubbery wings!  Maybe Santa will bring me an SRG to use  ;)
  Everyone says it's a lean, mean, chicken cooking machine!!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smoker pete on November 16, 2010, 12:40:34 PM

Gotcha - can't be eating rubbery wings!  Maybe Santa will bring me an SRG to use  ;)

It is a chicken cooking machine. I will agree
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smoker pete

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 16, 2010, 12:50:16 PM
Quote from: smoker pete on November 16, 2010, 12:40:34 PM

It is a chicken cooking machine. I will agree

I presume that you can also cook a full blown turkey and many other items in the SRG?

pensrock

QuoteIt is a chicken cooking machine. I will agree
Too bad NEPAS will never find out.  ;D ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

Pete I have done corn on the cob, pulled pork, full turkey, ribs, all manners of chicken.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smoker pete

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 16, 2010, 04:35:32 PM
Pete I have done corn on the cob, pulled pork, full turkey, ribs, all manners of chicken.

Excellent 10.5.  Looking forward to using an SRG in conjunction with OBS or as a standalone.  Now I just need to sweet talk Santa!!

TMB

Quote from: smoker pete on November 16, 2010, 08:12:01 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 16, 2010, 04:35:32 PM

Excellent 10.5.  Looking forward to using an SRG in conjunction with OBS or as a standalone.  Now I just need to sweet talk Santa!!
Yes you do, the SRG is a great cooking machine for sure.   Now that I have a Bradley I want to smoke a turkey and finish in the SRG
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!