2011 Forum Members Christmas Exchange "I GOT IT!!" Gift Sharing Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 23, 2010, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

I got home today and slowly drove by the front of the house so I could see if there was anything sitting on the front porch. So with a slight sigh I thought well maybe tomorrow. So I parked and walked back to the street to grab the trash can and the newspaper and mail. SURPRISE!  ;D

I got a box! And it didn't stay closed very long! (unlike...well, we all know!) This is fun!

A big Thank You! to hal4uk (aka Hal) for a nice assortment of flavors that I look forward to tasting and experimenting with. I like it! Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas! Morgan  ;D

TMB

I got mine!!   Pensrock must have read my mind, I love hot stuffand he really came through.
Thanks for a great selection of goodies!  The smoked pistachios were a big hit at work!  I couln't stop myself I had to try them!

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SoCalBuilder

I heard from the bride this morning that I had a package from Alabama arrive this morning. Needless to say, I was more than a little anxious to see what the south had to offer. Schmidty, to say that I was overwhelmed is putting it mildly.

I was kinda hoping that some Bob Gibson white sauce would show up, but as they say, "Watch what you wish for."

Some of it, like the Wasabi White BBQ sauce and the Alabama Sunshine, I'll probably get to enjoy all by myself. When my better half saw the Galena Pumpkin Butter, sparks flew as she spun the lid off and grabbed a big ole spoon full. I haven't seen her or the Pumpkin Butter since ???

Thanks for a little taste of the south and thank GusRobin for kicking you off the bench for me.

Schmidty, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Sunny SOUTHern California.

Randy

TestRocket

classicrockgriller

Good Gawd!

Awesome stuff!

Might have to go see Gus for some Pumpkin Butter.

That just sounds crazy!

You Guys Rock!

OU812

Punkin butter sounds gooood!

Granny use to make apple butter, now THAT was GOOD!

MrsNepas

Hi SoCalBuIilder:  I want to thank you for all the wonderful gifts.  I can't wait to try the sauces.  Of course, being married to Mr. Nepas, I must get to it all before he does.  I like the cookbook.  I can't wait to try out some of the receipts.
I also want to wish you and your family a joyous and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  I also wish the same for all of you and your families here on the forum.  God Bless all of you.  Mr. and Mrs. Nepas

PS:  Don't forget the BBQ this summer.  nepas Said to be watching the Smokeout section.

Schmidty

You are very welcome Randy ~ It was a lot of fun shopping for someone who shares the same obsession.
I'm glad that everything made it in one piece, did the JD's Dirty White Sauce have an issue or was it just de-pressurized?  UPS has a standard $100 insurance and if there is a problem with it I'm sure we could make a claim for mental anguish which we could then turn into a case of Bobby Gibson White Sauce for you  ;)

GusRobin

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 06, 2010, 07:30:24 PM
Might have to go see Gus for some Pumpkin Butter.

Unfortunately that is not an Alabama product. Schmidty got it in Galena IL where his relatives live. So I guess you'll have to ask Santa.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SoCalBuilder

Scmidty - Everything came through un-scathed. I think the JD's may have had some air-travel issues. Only problem was I couldn't keep the wick lit on the salsa 8)

Mrs. Nepas - I so hope you get a chance to try out some of the recipes. My wife almost hijacked the book, and she doesn't cook, more of a microwave technician. San Diego is a bit of a wasteland when it comes to BBQ and the like. I can only think of a half dozen places around and some of them are a bit of a stretch.

This forum and the people on it have become an integral part of my days and I look forward to a future of learning and being a part of this great group. God bless you all and have a glorious and safe holiday season!

Brisket Lover

When I arrived home today from our trip back home to Ohio I had a nice present waiting for me. 

Only problem is I don't know the forum name but I do know the real real name.  I want to say many thanks!  All the rubs, jerky, spices, and the great jar of horseradish will go great with my upcoming smokes.  I'm going to have to build another spice rack, but that's alright by me.  I can't wait to try out the pear wood chips.  I've never smoked with pear.

Thanks!!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Brisket Lover

Thanks Shasta Bob, you picked a great bunch of spices and rubs to send me.

camoghost

Ive seen allot of really nice things and have to say that this is allot of fun to see what everyones getting. I really cant wait to see what my secret sender has instore for me. I'm sure it will be great.

Chili Head

I check this thread more than any other just to see what everyone got!
This has been fun!!