2011 Forum Members Christmas Exchange "I GOT IT!!" Gift Sharing Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 23, 2010, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeradio

Your welcome Kinyo, CT is like gold in Canada, thanks to Quarlow & CRG I had enough bottles to share the love.

The rubs are made in BC in Surrey enjoy and have a Merry Christms

deb415611

Quote from: iceman on December 09, 2010, 01:09:07 PM
Well there I was minding my own self making up some smoked salmon and jalapeno sausage to take up north to work for the guys and the phone rings. It was the gal at our post box store tellng me to get my behind down there and pick up a package.  ;D YIPPY YAHOO. It was from Deb415611!!!!!  :)
Since I have to go back to work in a couple days Ann said I could tear into it and enjoy the goodies before I left.
THANKS DEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it all kiddo.  ;) Pat and Ann and critters.

THANKS DEB   :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

You are very welcome.  Hope you, Ann & the furry ones have a great Holiday. 

Bavind

Got mine today. Thank you very much

A close up not sure were im going to use this lol

Thanks again James. Yours should be there next Friday, been a little busy around here.

Tenpoint5

James = Jiggerjams

I can't believe that slipped past me. I tried to make sure there wasn't a back and forth exchange. I missed one I see.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sailor

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 09, 2010, 04:52:22 PM
James = Jiggerjams

I can't believe that slipped past me. I tried to make sure there wasn't a back and forth exchange. I missed one I see.
OK....I guess we now have an excuse to "do overs"  draw names again  ;D :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Sailor on December 09, 2010, 05:00:27 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 09, 2010, 04:52:22 PM
James = Jiggerjams

OK....I guess we now have an excuse to "do overs"  draw names again  ;D :o

Let me put it in words you will understand "Aint NO WAY in H*LL I'm drawing names again!! Once a year is more than enough for this fella.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DarqMan

I came home tonight and had TWO packages!

One was from my exchange buddy pikeman_95.  Inside was a sausage making kit, jerky marinade, hog casing, spices, a sample of his home made jerky and a nice handwritten note with recipe for sausage he makes.  First, even before reading the note, I had to try a piece of the jerky and it was delicious!  What a great idea for a gift.  I can't wait to use these items and post the results.  Thank you Kirby!

But there was another package I wasn't expecting.  David aka DTAggie sent a huge bottle of Salt Lick.  He must be reading my post and knows that I use it on everything.  The bottle Sonny gave me this summer is almost gone so this was a great surprise!  Thank you David!!!

How cool to receive goodies in the mail.  I can't wait for next year's exchange.  This has been a lot of fun.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

DTAggie

Wow the postman got there quick Steve.  But I guess we are just down the highway a bit in different states. Just glad you are doing well and hope your mother is as well.  Merry Christmas my friend!

jiggerjams

You are more than welcome David. I hope you enjoy the shtuff as much as I did putting it together for you. Merry Christmas to you and yours and keep warm out there in Calgary!!

The story behind the spice bottle in the close up picture is when I am making rubs I prefer to buy my spices from the Indian markets. Not only do I find them fresher, I can buy bags of spices for the same price as shakers in the everyday grocery stores. On my travels through the spice isles scanning the shelves for ingredients that I needed (believe me not easy as there is a lot of stuff on those shelves that I do not understand) this bottle caught my attention and I literally drew attention to myself cause we laughed out loud!! ( I had a buddy with me) I sent this to David as a gag gift.  David I hope you laughed as much as I did.

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope your Christmas is all that you want it to be.

Peace,
Jigger

LumpyDVC

I received my awesome gift from RossP today. I phoned my wife in excitement and was
quickly instructed not to open and/or eat anything until she get's home from work. :-(

Thank you Ross for your excellent package. I'm sitting here smelling the June and Caylie's
Rack and Butt rub. It must be the Cumin, cinnamon, maple sugar, nutmeg that has peaked
my taste buds.

I'm so looking forward to trying out the rubs on my next smoking adventure.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

-= Lumpy # 2 =-

rdevous

Mikeradio......You're right...not just anyone can get a George the Mosquito!  Your gift from last year's exchange is hanging here next to my desk with his evil menacing glare.  I think he has discovered the internet....late at night I hear the sound of conversation from my basement office through the floor and then the sound Boom chuckka waa waa...  Hmmmmmmm!!!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

mikeradio

George is a pretty sneaky guy Ray, you have to sleep with one eye open to keep an eye on him  ;D ;D

Glad your still enjoying him from the Christmas exchange last year.

RossP

Quote from: LumpyDVC on December 10, 2010, 09:46:01 AM
I received my awesome gift from RossP today. I phoned my wife in excitement and was
quickly instructed not to open and/or eat anything until she get's home from work. :-(

Thank you Ross for your excellent package. I'm sitting here smelling the June and Caylie's
Rack and Butt rub. It must be the Cumin, cinnamon, maple sugar, nutmeg that has peaked
my taste buds.

I'm so looking forward to trying out the rubs on my next smoking adventure.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I am glad you like it. The Cd is an update of the Christmas story done by our old Pastor.
The butt rub is from  a BBQ team here in Langley call the Mad Cows. They have won
many competitions with the rub as has the House of Q with there rub. Enjoy my friend.
Have a very merry Christmas
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

hal4uk

BIG BOX on my porch today!

From MrsNepas -- and nice card from the Nepas family!
Lots of Pennsylvania goodies and stuff from travels!
It ALL looks FANTASTIC!

WOW!!!!!  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Thank you so very much, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby