2011 Forum Members Christmas Exchange "I GOT IT!!" Gift Sharing Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 23, 2010, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

I wrestled part of my Freshman year...undefeated....however, none of the schools we had meets with had anybody in my weight class, and I got tired of getting up at 4 AM on a Saturday to go to a tournament where I wasn't going to be participating.

OU812

I here ya.

Hope your sons thumb is alright.

That is a very important thing to have when wrestling.

DTAggie

Yeah it is.  He only needs a couple more matches to letter so he is acting like it is no big deal..but it cost him today.  TT, he wrestles 140 lb.  Always kids at that weight.  However, he weighs 136 and last week actually wrestled 145 so another kid who he beat for 140 could get some work.

OU812

Quote from: DTAggie on December 11, 2010, 10:20:00 PM
Yeah it is.  He only needs a couple more matches to letter so he is acting like it is no big deal..but it cost him today.  TT, he wrestles 140 lb.  Always kids at that weight.  However, he weighs 136 and last week actually wrestled 145 so another kid who he beat for 140 could get some work.

I wrestled at 155, till my seanor year then jumped up to 168.

Fun, fun!

KevinG

I wrestled some in high school too. I'll never forget this time when I was in training. I had a 200lb + guy I was up against (I was only 145lbs). I was able to get him over and pin him multiple times - I just couldn't hold him because of his weight advantage. He kept throwing me over like a rag doll.  :D

The guys name was Tiny, and for the longest time I thought it was our beloved Tiny here on the forum because his real name was Tim.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

begolf25

Quote from: Shasta bob on December 11, 2010, 09:46:02 AM
Thanks Bryan, (begolf25) the gift will be put to good use. I'm looking forward to trying out the treats and the BBQ sauce. Thanks and a Merry Christmas & a Happy new Year to all.

You are welcome Bob! I wanted to send some east coast flavor out west so I hope you like vinegar based items :)

Bryan

KevinG

So I'm sitting home alone, no phone calls, no knocks on the door, nothing. Just me reading all day. I decide to take a step outside my front door because the weather is supposed to be awesome today. Beautiful - wow 81° F.

OK now before Chris goes all Ebenezer on me I guess I should get on with the story.

So I turn around to come back in and I see this box. I figured it was some of the gifts I ordered over the internet for my family, but this box looked like it was wrapped to go through a military zone. Now I don't know what y'all have heard, we may not accept illegal aliens from Mexico, but we do accept gifts from Bettendorf Iowa.

..... and yes SS I had to peek too  ;D

OK, so I open the box - WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

A box of bags, just what I always wanted. And these aren't just any bags, they are from all over the place. Walgreen's, Target, Camping World, HyVee, Menard's, Kohl's, Dollar General, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, Staples, CVS, Osco Drug, Lowes, Fareway, heck - there was even a mystery bag that just said thank you 4x. 

But now that I think about it, that box sure did seem heavy for just those bags. There must be something else down near the bottom somewhere.

Look there's more!!!!!

I've hit the motherlode!
First a beautifully written card and note explaining where everything came from. There were chips made in Illinois (believe it or not, I've had these and they are great - my brother sent them last year. I was hoping he'd do it again, but don't matter now!), 4 different Baked Snack Crackers (Wild Ranch, Wild Cheddar, Wild Hickory Mesquite, and Wild Buffalo) - I had to try these and they were great - one word of caution - if you want to taste the others don't start with the Wild Buffalo - cause you'll eat the whole bag! There were 2 different BBQ sauces from Johnnie's Market (Old Fashioned and Hot N' Spicy) and a T-Shirt from there as well. Then the candy - made in Moline Illinois from a place called Lagomarcino's. I'm saving these for desert.

But wait, is that all - I mean really what were these people thinking?

Wait for it

Yes there is more coming

Don't go too far because it's down below

Here it comes

Are you ready

It's a mini Javelina - I had to label them so you wouldn't get confused on which was the real one and which was the imitation. It is so life like!  ;D :D Really this was my favorite of all the gifts - I busted out laughing and nobody was home to hear me.

You really outdid yourselves Seemores! I appreciate the effort and expense you went through for me. You really shouldn't have - I'm not worth it - just ask anyone here  ;D :D.

Thank you again for EVERYTHING, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to both of you and of coarse Tasha!!!!!!

Kevin

TestRocket

Yea I love it when something makes you bust out laughing and no one else is around! That means it was really funny!   ;D  Congrats on the snag!   

OU812

Good thing you labeled them piggys I was havin a hard time tellin which one was the real one.  :D

Great gifts everyone!

Tenpoint5

My Idea was to take that Mini Javalina out and introduce it to the shot gun so it would look more like the original!! Scott agreed but we was overruled by Miss June.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KevinG

iceman

Ann just wanted me to get it from ya Kev and roast it whole!!!  ;D

KevinG

Quote from: iceman on December 13, 2010, 03:30:26 PM
Ann just wanted me to get it from ya Kev and roast it whole!!!  ;D

If we do that, we gotta try some of that BBQ sauce they sent me on it too!  ;D