2011 Forum Members Christmas Exchange "I GOT IT!!" Gift Sharing Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 23, 2010, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

Oh no - I hope these are the unused bags  ;D :D Thanks again, this was a fun gift exchange.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Bradley (Head Office)

I GOT MINE

My Gift was hand delivered today.

I had the pleasure of meeting Colin ( Quarlow)

And recieved this very well hand crafted tray and a few boxes of some alcohol infused choclates (sorry no pic's they didnt make it out of the office)

Thank you very much Colin

Brian.

camoghost

Way cool. You got to love any kind of wood work my great grandpa used to do all kinds of it. Him and those truly special hand made gifts are greatly missed.  Great gift.

RFT

"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

Tenpoint5

Brian that looks like a hand crafted Quarlow Jerky Cutting Board
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smokeitall

Now that is a very cool hand made jerky board....WOW great craftsmanship Colin.
SIA

mikeradio

Colin did a great job on the cutting boards, I am still enjoying mine from last year

classicrockgriller

Q, you are the MAN!

Awesome work! Somewhere in your bloodline a craftsman lives.

Not everyone can do what what you made. I can't and wish I could.

I applaud you Sir! From Texas to Canada ............. FANTASTIC!

Chili Head

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 14, 2010, 07:04:48 PM
Brian that looks like a hand crafted Quarlow Jerky Cutting Board

When I first opened the gift a couple of the girls in the office said nice looking serving tray
Wade came over and looked at it and says that's not a serving tray its a jerky cutting board
So when I posted it I just called it a tray because, well I didn't want to embarrass myself.

But now that I know for sure it makes the gift even better because I just threw away my Berkel meat slicer
and don't much care for the cost of the new ones.

Jerky is one of the things I like to make the most of in my smoker.

Thanks again Colin I will put it to good use and thanks Chris for pointing out what it used for.

Brian.

Tiny Tim

I got a box today, but it may have been at the post office a few days.  Checked last Wednesday and there was nothing there, was going to check Friday, but left town without thinking about it, and by the time I returned, the Postmistress was gone for the day so I didn't even bother stopping.  Monday and yesterday just didn't work out.

Anyway, on to the good stuff.

Proof that it's a box. ;)

Right after opening.

And finally...the contents.

Some sticks, sausage, and cheese, along with a nice card and note.  Thank you Rick (NePaS) and family for the wonderful gift.  Letting the food chill a bit after it's stay in the PO before I do some sampling, but I'm sure my patience will be rewarded.

Thank you again to Rick for the gift, Chris for organizing the drawing and distributing of names, and everybody else for proving why this forum is so great.

SoCalBuilder

I just finished lunch and now I'm hungry again ;D After watching all of NePaS's posts, I'd have been disappointed if he didn't send me some samples of his wares. You're a lucky man TT! Enjoy and let the rest of us know how they tasted.

pensrock

NePaSmoKer

YW TT

I run out of gift ideas so its easier if i just make something.

DTAggie

Wife just called and said there is a box at home...from someone in Nebraska.  Since I know no one in Nebraska, could only be filled with smoking goodies.  Can't wait to get home and open it up.