2011 Forum Members Christmas Exchange "I GOT IT!!" Gift Sharing Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, November 23, 2010, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: standles on December 20, 2010, 03:09:51 PM
Wow nice haul.

The sauce ...  The sauce....

Just remember:

as much happiness is spread when you open it and the aroma drifts out...
the indescribable pleasure that you experience it upon first taste...
the place of honor in the fridge you award it...

Take all that and multiply by 3 and it will be the sorry you feel when you are in a corner stroking the inside of the LAST  jar with a trembling finger as you babel incoherently.

Merry Christmas :)

Don't make me afraid to open it. ;D

That was Funny! Now I am SCARED!

DTAggie

TestRocket

I'm thinking I remember about a year ago a little something about this sauce and then it gets renewed 11-12 months later! I've got a sister in Willow, AK about 50 miles from Wasilla, AK does that in anyway give me an inside track on some of that "Sop'n Sauce"? I mean hey! Were almost family here?  ;D ;D

mikeradio

I guess I am on Santa's naughty list, darn I have tried to be nice all year :) :)

hal4uk

Iceman...

My hat's off to you!
Very nice gift for the very nicest smokin' monkey I know.
Seriously, that's just awsome.
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

Sorry Brian. When I got home I found the card I wrote explaining what it was. Thanks Ten.5 for filling him in. And chili you are right it is bamboo and oak. It is 1/4' on one side and 3/8" on the other. Glad you like it and once I get the design all down pat I will likely start to sell some. I will let you all know when that comes about but with my hours these days I don't get much time to work in the shop. I am also working on a design to make some out of the white plastic they use for cutting boards.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pensrock

QuoteI'm thinking I remember about a year ago a little something about this sauce and then it gets renewed 11-12 months later! I've got a sister in Willow, AK about 50 miles from Wasilla, AK does that in anyway give me an inside track on some of that "Sop'n Sauce"? I mean hey! Were almost family here?

She can probably buy it and send it to you.

TestRocket

Quote from: pensrock on December 21, 2010, 02:37:32 AM
QuoteI'm thinking I remember about a year ago a little something about this sauce and then it gets renewed 11-12 months later! I've got a sister in Willow, AK about 50 miles from Wasilla, AK does that in anyway give me an inside track on some of that "Sop'n Sauce"? I mean hey! Were almost family here?

She can probably buy it and send it to you.

Thanks, I'll check into that!  ;D

rdevous

Quote from: mikeradio on December 20, 2010, 07:40:14 PM
I guess I am on Santa's naughty list, darn I have tried to be nice all year :) :)

Mike....maybe Santa knows about you sending George the Mosquito to me last year!!!  George is evil I tell you...EVIL!!!   ;D ;D ;D

CRG....George the Mosquito has been behaving a little better since I showed him the picture of the Alaskan Skeeter Trap.  Thanks for posting it.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

jiggerjams

Great Post CRG and the tree radiates Christmas for sure.

Iceman that was a well thought out gift box. I could see the need for the chap stick in that Texas blazing hot sun. Sounds like your sauce rocks the nation!!

The Christmas spirit has hit my soul over the past few days. I think it is because I keep getting stuff  ;) Merry Christmas everyone!!

JJ

DarqMan

Quote from: Caneyscud on December 08, 2010, 06:03:11 AM
I'm proud to announce:

With God's help, and lots of hours I've got enough work to keep all our people working through the Holidays and into next year a bit.  Bound and determined not to lay any one off before Christmas.  Now a little time to do things I also need to get done.  I have to acknowledge the fabulous gift I received from my Christmas Buddy Darqman.  I am not worthy!  Opening the box left me speechless.  I am honored and humbled.  Dude, I'll never be able to thank you enough.  I have already shown it to the most likely direct beneficiaries of the benefits of my receiving this noble gift - those guys being my flyfishing buddies.  They are already planning to kidnap me and my new gift and force me to go on some weekend fishing trips to the mountains.  In my best Eddie imitation - "ITs the gift that keeps on giving!"  Somehow, I don't think I'll be getting much fishing done on those trips - seems smoked goodies are the real goal!  I introduce you to the newest precious newcomer to caney's stable of smokers.  

Meet BPS - Isn't she beautiful!

On a side note - I also have the time today to get my box out to someone somewhere in OK.  

Wow, I have no idea how I missed this post.  I've been monitoring this thread enjoyed seeing all the goodies so I have no idea how I missed it.  You are so very welcome, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and I know you will enjoy it.  I apologize I've missed this for so long.  If you ever wander into OK please look me up. Merry Christmas Caney!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

KyNola

Hey guys, I received an incredible box today.  When I tell you I received the best box that could be sent, believe me.  Will post the contents but I have a bit of recon to do first.  10.5, take me off the list as I received my box.  The very best box that could be received.  You'll see.

To the sender, my heartfelt thanks and undying gratitude.

KyNola

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

I am refreshing my lists and I have the following that have not received their gift as of yet or have not made a post stating that they have received it with or without pictures. If I have missed a post and you have received your gift please let me know. Here's what I know about the remaining gifts:

Mikeradio -

Camoghost - Gift is ordered and on back order but will be delivered before Dec 23rd

Baby Hewi - Gift has been sent no tracking number should be there by now needs to be posted

If you are the sender of the gift and have information about your gift. Please send me a PM so I can update my records and make sure all of the folks that sent gifts also receive gifts. Thanks I will update this this as I receive info.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

Glad the box made it CRG. I think you'll enjoy the sauce. For the rest of you folks out there, the gift exchange rocks because of people with big hearts like yours. THANKYOU!!!