Help smoking Big Bird

Started by dakotadigger, November 25, 2010, 04:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

Quote from: dakotadigger on November 25, 2010, 08:28:40 AM
Here's some pics of the bird as it's transfered to the oven....
http://jaxandrob.shutterfly.com/pictures/1226

see if this link works...

not sure how to just put the pics on here?  

You need to copy and paste the img tags

check this tutorial: http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=768#post768
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

dakotadigger

hhmmmmm.... see if this works?

well, that didn't work guess the link will have to do

smoker pete

Welcome to the forum dakotadigger.  Great looking bird there.  Happy Thanksgiving.  After looking at that picture of your back yard with all the snow I feel bad complaining about the frost on the lawns this morning ... It actually got down to 31ยบ last night here in Central California  8)  That's like summer compared to the temps some of you get  ;)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

dakotadigger

http://jaxandrob.shutterfly.com/pictures/1226

and it's done!  If it tastes as good as it looks and smells I might have to change my stance on not liking turkey (the wife)

Thanks for all of your help!

punchlock

For all your worries it looks like you knocked this one out of the park! :o

dakotadigger

I snuck a piece with the wife, out of this world! Now I can eat turkey again! This is way better than plain turkey!

NePaSmoKer

I stay outta this one.

Cuz when the rest of the muppets find out your smoking big bird  :D  :D

Kermi and Miss piggie going to be pissed

And the swedish chef................mork mork mork  :D

dakotadigger

LMAO and can't stop! I guess I didn't think of it that way

dakotadigger

recipe: 1 5gl bucket,3gl water, 2 cups pickling salt, 4 1/2 table spoon minced garlic,2 tablespoon ground blackpepper,1/2 cup worcestershire sauce and 1 cup dark brown sugar. Used a 17# Big Bird. Soaked for 3 full days in bucket in frig. Dry completely after rinse, dry one full day uncovered in frig on a rack with drip pan. I stuff paper towles inside to keep cavity dry. Preheated OBS overnight cause of -0 f. Used hickory pucks for 5 hours at 175 is high as it got. Brushed olive oil over whole bird  and put sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to your liking. 2 1/2 hours in oven at 225 till it reached 155 then 325 till thigh reached 180f. Cooked bird on smoke rack and drippan in oven. And the bird turn out to die for.             Gull Veioimaor     Thank You very much

NePaSmoKer

Mine was in Bourbon/Maple brine for like 4 days

On my MAK Grill

dakotadigger

I got a new respect to the old turkey bird, got tired of plain old dried turkey. It's been 15+ years since I had turkey for T-Day. That looks and sound good, can you discribe how it taste? I know it's a hard question! My Baby back ribs I make has my own Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, that I make from scratch. Everyone in town ask my wife if they are serving my rib when they have a rib special at the resturant. Going to try to make lox here in a couple of weeks. Going to make a remote box for the gen can't have any heat in the smoker. Man I stuffed! Can't thank you enought for all the help I got from you all, even that early in the morning! Wife made a garlic and herb sauce for the bird and broccoli that was great made by Knorr

KyNola

Ater seeing your pics I think I know what was wrong.  Did you see the size of the wood bisquette that was laying on the table next to the smoker? :o :D Dude, you go to use the Bradley standard size bisquettes! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

squirtthecat