whos said jerky cant be made in the Bradley Smoker

Started by CLAREGO, January 26, 2007, 01:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

my jerky experiances ok you can make some banging jerky. i tried just the normal way making a brine or using a cure and dry it normally in the bs. i found a way to make jerky very good in the bs but ive only tried with insta cure the other pink stuff. ok now to the point here is the gear two coffee cans a fan from a cpu i found an old cell phone charger that out puts 12volts cut the wires and make sure to connect it right to the cpu fan. I have tried with one cofee can and the bradley will not get over 175 degrees. so i got myself 2 coffe cans put the fan on top of the bradley smoker with the fan blowing outwards (of course you wait until the smoking proccess is done)    then add the cans and the fan you want the fan blowing the heat out i then can get it to 200 degrees with no issues...

other points

after the smoking part i take the water bowl out and get rid of the pucks. rinse the bowl out dry it good.
ive also install a piece of a red brick under nieth the puck burner and usally have another one on a seperate shelf
ive done Whole muscle jerky and ground i seem to like the whole muscle better i have done 3 pound batches in the bs

later for now

CLAREGO

CLAREGO

of course i cut the bottoms and tops off. this method also works great for sausage done 20 lbs of summer sausage. the process of doing the this keeps the evenanly throughout the bs