Leftover Turkey Stuffing Balls

Started by BuyLowSellHigh, November 28, 2010, 05:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuyLowSellHigh

I stole the idea from ArnieM in STC's thread -- More leftover Turkey ideas.. (with MIES)

This was thrown together very quickly tonight, with not much for recipe guidance so it was an experiment of sorts. but turned out fairly decent.  There's just one issue - we didn't have any stuffing and I don't have any Mies.  But we do have leftover Sweet Corn Bread Pudding, which is a good alternative to traditional stuffing, and I had some Panko bread crumbs.  So here is what the end result looked like.

The cooks sampler

Not bad for a throw together.  As it was put together:

2 cups leftover turkey, chopped fine (I used a few quick pulses in the food processor)
4 cups (packed) leftover sweet corn bread pudding (stuffing should work fine)
1 cup onion, fine dice
1/2 cup celery (fine dice)
2 Tbl butter
2 eggs beaten with 2 Tbl half-and-half
~ 1 tsp salt
~ 1/2 tsp black pepper
~ 1/2 tsp Thyme
~ 1/4 tsp Rosemary
~1/4 tsp Sage
~1/8 tsp pinch nutmeg
Panko bread crumbs

Saute the onion and celery in the butter over medium heat until the veggies are translucent and just tender, then cool to room temp.  Mix everything together in a large bowl, shape into balls, roll into balls of desired size, roll balls in Panko.

I sprayed the finished coated balls with EVOO, then placed on a sheet pan and baked 'em @ 375 F for ~ 30 mins.  Done that way the Panko gives a very crisp crust and the underlying was quite moist and taste like turkey with cornbread stuffing.

Things that might go well as additions could be cooked bacon, sausage, Jalapeno pepper, some cayenne, Parmesan.

Like I said - it was an experiment.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

classicrockgriller

Graet looking left overs!

Bet some light smoke would make that killer.

ArnieM

They look good Eric.  'Inspiration' comes from many people on the forum.  You read something and say "Hmmm".  Much better than a cookbook.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

deb415611