You Southern Boys .........

Started by Tenpoint5, November 29, 2010, 05:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

You Southern Boys think your all that and a Bag of Chips!!! Well let me tell you. Us Ole Boys up here in the cold we can make some good grub as well. Hows about some breakfast for supper. Nothing other than Sausage and Gravy over Biscuits. Yes from scratch. Goes a little somefin like this.

The Sausage. (Skinless links chopped into chunks)

The Roux (Butter, Flour, Sausage drippings) Prior to the milk being added. I cooked it a little further to a light Peanut Butter.

The Biscuits (All crumbled up waiting for the Good Stuff)

When Everything all comes together along with a healthy dose of Fresh Cracked

Them yardapes of mine all dug right in and finished everything. A couple of them even asked for seconds. It didn't SUCK!!!

It had been a long time since I made this last. So I called on a Southern Friend to ask and make sure I was doing it right and I hadn't killed off them brain cells. Found out if it don't come from a box or a jar, she don't know how to cook it!!! Good thing her husband can cook aint it Tommy!!;D ;D

OK I have had my fun pokin at you boys blast away at my Breakfast for Supper I can take it!.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

I LOVE breakfast for supper.

You are a pretty good Yankee if you can make scratch milk gravy.

Some sunny side up eggs and a couple more biscuits and you got a ....

FULL MEAL DEAL!

Looks sweet!

ronbeaux

That probably didn't suck. HOWEVER, unless you made your own drop biskets from scratch with one hand while flipping an egg with the other while keeping an eye on the sausage rendering down in a REAL pan(like cast iron), then it probably would get your azz kicked around here. And who uses a foo foo stiring thingy like that???? Ray Charles?
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Tenpoint5

Ron, You want me to see if I can find you one??

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

Yeah. That thing would be perfect for stiring a roux!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 29, 2010, 05:06:31 PM
Found out if it don't come from a box or a jar, she don't know how to cook it!!!

Hey!          I got one of those.  :D

We here over on the other side of the river can do that kind of cookin too.

SnellySmokesEm

OMG!  B&G is my favorite breakfast!  I have never thought of using sausage links in B&G.  That looks awesome, just not for dinner.  That just aint right!   :P
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

Close to Southern but no cigar Chris.  For that to be truly Southern, along with the other pointers Ron has already given you, the sausage has got to be bulk sausage browned up in the pan just like you would ground beef.

Not bad for a corn fed boy over in Iowa though! ;)

Just kidding, it looks great.  I would hammer it!

SouthernSmoked

Heck Chris, I can eat Breakfast anything of the day.

Looks good to me.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

pensrock

Looks good enough to eat anytime to me.  :)

NePaSmoKer

Looks good Chris

But i caint get involved with the North/South fuedin  :D

Larry

Thats how me/maa made B-N-G

TestRocket

Looks great and I'd clean my plate...but some dark colored egg yoke running down the outside of the biscuits with a side of grits with a pad (or two) of butter right square in the middle and a glass of OJ. Ohhhh, Yea!  ;D

Tenpoint5

Sorry TestRocket No OJ here We had  BIG Glass of Moo Juice

seemore

WOW......chris looks great  but the biscuits what the h#ll. still would be great
seemore

Chili Head

Breakfast is my favorite meal..anytime of day all day !!  ;D

Nothing better than home made gravy  ;)

The only thing you're missing 10.5 is the big ole smoked ham steak on the bottom covered with B&G then hash browns on top with more gravy  :P

And thats why I'm fat and take lipitor  :D  ;D