Big smoking day tomorrow, Canadian Bacon and brisket

Started by _Bear_, November 29, 2010, 08:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

So tomorrow morning I am smoking my pork loin/ Maple Canadian bacon, while that is in the smoker, I will be prepping my 13 lb brisket for going into the smoker tomorrow night. I see there are a few brisket recipes out there. I am thinking of a mustard slather with a rub of my own concoction, 6 hrs of smoke @ 220* and then to an IT of 195*. This is my first brisket, does this sound like I am on target or am I out to lunch?
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

DTAggie

6 hours of smoke is fine.  I would not go above IT of 185*, especially if you plan to FTC.

_Bear_

Well the big smoke was cancelled today  :'(, but I did manage to get the Maple Canadian Bacon in the smoker. We bought new living room furnature last week and it was not suppose to be delivered untill next week. Well we got the call yesterday that it was in and we can expect delivery Wensday morning, so wifey has dictated that I will be working all day helping her wash walls, windows and shampooing carpets, so much for getting the brisket ready. We put all of our old furnature on Kijiji yesterday afternoon @ 3:30 PM to give away, by 7:30 PM the place was picked clean LOL, I did not expect that. So as I sit here on the floor typing this, I am being hollerd at to get back to work  ::), sure am glad I got the day off  :-X
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

SoCalBuilder

;D ;D ;D ;D

Looking forward to how your bacon turns out. I may try the canadian maple routine next time. I'm off to Costco this p.m. and I kind of had brisket on my mind. I kinda followed Pachanga's recipe for my first brisket and I was a happy camper :)

Oh, watch gettin' sauce on the new furniture ;D