Canadian Bacon - Is it fully cooked and edible?

Started by smoker pete, November 30, 2010, 08:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TestRocket

Oh Man! That sliced PIC is gorgeous! For pizza, breakfast, plain or on a sandwich! You done Good!  ;D

SL2010

Nice very nice pork will be on the big sale in a couple of weeks i am gonna get some

wyoduke

1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

smoker pete

Well ... It was good while it lasted  ;D :P ... Son took half and the other half was grazed on and put on an Hawaiian Pizza!!  My neighbor wants to run down to the butcher so I can do a Canadian Bacon loin for him.  OK, works for me.

Here's a $$hot of a half and half.  SWMBO got her Hawaiian and I got some olives & onions with my Canadian bacon half  ;)  Believe it or not, this is my first pizza made from scratch - sauce and even the dough.  Lots of lesson learned but that's the fun of it.

Used this delicious Zesty Old School Style Pizza Sauce that I found on-line
Makes enough sauce to cover three medium, or two large pizzas.

1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (without sugar)
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil  ** omitted cause I didn't have any
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh cracked pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon white vinegar ** omitted cause I didn't have any

Place all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir together.

Makes 1½ cups of pizza sauce.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

KyNola

Great job on the CB Pete.  Hard to believe how easy it is to make CB isn't it?  In fact, it's so easy that we all keep that little secret to ourselves.  Get it?! ;) :D  Don't screw this up for the rest of us who still have everyone convinced how hard it is to make this. :D

Way to go Pete.  Next step, get you a pork belly and make some slab bacon.  Your wife will never question you again. :)

smoker pete

Quote from: KyNola on December 02, 2010, 06:52:14 PM
Great job on the CB Pete.  Hard to believe how easy it is to make CB isn't it?  In fact, it's so easy that we all keep that little secret to ourselves.  Get it?! ;) :D  Don't screw this up for the rest of us who still have everyone convinced how hard it is to make this. :D

Way to go Pete.  Next step, get you a pork belly and make some slab bacon.  Your wife will never question you again. :)

I'll keep it under my hat KyNola.  I told my neighbor I would smoke one for him ... didn't tell him the facts  ;D ;D  It really is hard to believe how easy it was to do a CB and the flavor/texture are just amazing.  Some slab bacon does sound great.

Habanero Smoker

You Canadian bacon came out looking really good, and the loin has nice marbling.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

Thats a good lookin pizza too.

Can I have the right half?  ;D

smoker pete

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on December 03, 2010, 01:44:02 AM
You Canadian bacon came out looking really good, and the loin has nice marbling.

Thanks Hab.  Got my loin from my local butcher that for the most part I'll be using for my meat needs.  He has great meats at a very competitive price and he cuts it to my specs.  For the loin, I asked him for a 3 pounder to cure and smoke for Canadian bacon and you see the end result.  No trimming or anything involved by me.  He takes care of all that before he weighs it  :)

Thanks again for your great recipe.  I will be using it big time on a regular basis.

smoker pete

Quote from: OU812 on December 03, 2010, 06:50:42 AM

I'm with you OU812!  Love the CB on pizza but I always remove the pineapple and give it the DW  ;D  I'd love to share it with you but I do believe the right half will be gone shortly  :P :D

OU812

Quote from: smoker pete on December 03, 2010, 10:05:41 AM
Quote from: OU812 on December 03, 2010, 06:50:42 AM

I'm with you OU812!  Love the CB on pizza but I always remove the pineapple and give it the DW  ;D  I'd love to share it with you but I do believe the right half will be gone shortly  :P :D

Wanna trade, some peperoni for some CB?  :D

smoker pete

Quote from: OU812 on December 03, 2010, 12:11:27 PM

Wanna trade, some peperoni for some CB?  :D

No can do OU812 ... It's all gone!!!  :'( ;D ;D  Gonna have to make more next time  ;)