Mies Chicken Cutlets and Stuff

Started by ArnieM, December 01, 2010, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

We had heavy rain and high winds here today; no cooking outdoors.

Did some chicken cutlets in Mies Original in a pan with some Canola oil.  Hot pan for a quick brown.  The cutlets are pretty thin.  They went on "keep warm" while I put a few dollops of leftover Thanksgiving yams in the pan and flattened them out some.  My wife loves her canned corn niblets.

The end result:

Probably could have used some white gravy on the chicken.  Oh well.  Enough left for a midnight snack though.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

SouthernSmoked

Looks good Arnie.

Love that Mies Breading!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BuyLowSellHigh

Those look real good, Arnie.  Another masterful job!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

DarqMan

Dang that looks great!  Great work Arnie.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

SoCalBuilder

That does look tasty. I finally gave in and ordered some Mies today along with some kind of 'super pickles'. Can't wait to try it on some fish 8)

ArnieM

My choices for using the Mies are on the grill, in a pan or deep frying.  I gave some to #1 daughter.  We both did stuff in the oven and weren't all that pleased with it.  It really didn't brown up much.

The chicken pictured was done in a 450 degree pan for maybe 2 minutes per side.  It's thin and anything longer would have turned it into cardboard.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.