4:30 AM and all is on

Started by Oldman, July 23, 2005, 10:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I trimmed the brisket. Cut it in half. Saved the pointed end and it is now in my marinade for pepper beef. Took the fat from the trim and place it on the rack above the brisket. Added some onion power to the fat just for kicks. Brisket has only salt and black pepper.

Box temp is around 210F. Place brisket in at 4:30 AM... umm time for beer LOL!

Wish me luck guys this is my first brisket. Oh ya using 7 pucks of Oak. I know others have posting that brisket will take a lot of smoke, but I'm going to go slow out the gate this time. [^] It's better to be safe with my family then to have to give it to the dogs  [xx(]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

I am sure your pups are anxiously awaiting a sample.  I put in a couple of pork shoulder roasts yesterday at 3:45 p.m.  @205°F. This morning the temp was 159°F.  - target is 190° F. Seems about right for dinner tonight.  My little Yorkshire Terrier follows me out to the porch everytime I go out.  Next trip, I am pulling the thick sliced bacon and doing my water change again. Of course, he knows a sample will be forthcoming.

Good luck on the brisket.  I know that that aged beef will be mixing with some beer soon!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">My little Yorkshire Terrier follows me out to the porch everytime I go out. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">You want to talk about something funny... As you know skyway's back legs don't work. When he is not in a hurry his just drags them.  However, if I head out to the smoker he becomes a 75 pound frog!!! No kidding~~! Up in the air he goes and then plop! He is on me like sticky on glue.... LOL!~

Ya to funny! I can out run him when he is not in his wheelchair, but I can not out walk him when he plops! As I said sticky on glue... You of all people I wish you could see him... you both have much in common... YOu both looked your devil in the eye and said go back to Hell... You both took back your lives. [8D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

Top picture is the fat I cut off of the brisket.. I place it one rack above the meat. I removed the fat at the 4 hour mark. When wrap the meat in foil. Box temp was 207-210F It was in 12 hours up and down. Then 2 hours FTC.

It has been years since I seen my mother eat so much.... [:D] She kept saying...are you sure you got more left LOL~~! Is there enough so I can take some home? [:p]

BTW that box fan never missed a beat. I ran it in a hot box from Thurs nite around 9 pm to Sat afternoon 4:30 pm.

Olds

nsxbill

That looks delicious, of course everything looks delicious that isn't liquid right now.  I like to hold the remainder, and then cut it paper thin on my semi-commercial meat cutter and serve up with sauce in sandwiches the next day. If Mother took the leftovers, you are SOL!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigSmoker

Looks quite tasty[:p][:p].  That's the normal reaction I get from folks that have never had really good brisket.  We had a wagu brisket once for my Mom's birthday and all the close family was here.  Man I thought I was actually going to see people explode spewing brisket all over my walls they ate so much.  I had to hide a little piece for the next day and all this was after 2 doz. ABT's vaperized in front of me.  LOL.

How did u feel about the smoke flavor?  Enough with 7 pucks or a few more would be better?

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">How did u feel about the smoke flavor? Enough with 7 pucks or a few more would be better?
</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I would have like a little more; however, both of the girls said NO! Whatcha goin' to do. One birthed me the other one sleeps with me... [:0]

Tell what I'm going to do next time. I going to use a little more smoke, but not serve the meat the first day or two. Allowing the flavor to cure a little. The reason I say this is that today for breakfast I had a hot sandwich of yesterday's brisket. Man was it much better, but it needed a little more kick.

Olds

car54

Olds,

Is it just beef that can be aged, what about pork?

Thanks, Brad

Oldman

Never age pork, fish or yard birds.  I don't know about wild game. [:(]

Olds

psdubl07

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The reason I say this is that today for breakfast I had a hot sandwich of yesterday's brisket. Man was it much better, but it needed a little more kick.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I did two pork butts this weekend and shared them with my neighbor and friend, (they helped me stain my deck [:D]).  All three of us said the leftovers were better the next day than what we ate the night before.

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />

BTW that box fan never missed a beat. I ran it in a hot box from Thurs nite around 9 pm to Sat afternoon 4:30 pm.

Is this a secret message regarding your latest project?[8D]

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />She kept saying...are you sure you got more left .......

I would have like a little more; however, both of the girls said NO! Whatcha goin' to do. One birthed me the other one sleeps with me...

Still laughing....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...