Kurobuta Bacon FINISHED w/pics

Started by KyNola, December 04, 2010, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Just read this thread. BIG mistake. Now my stomach is growling at me. Looks like a nice job.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

SouthernSmoked

Heck Yeah Larry!

Those look great, can't wait until the slicing process.

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

SamuelG

Amazing!!!  Great looking bacon!!!

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on December 10, 2010, 11:36:02 PM
Thanks BLSH.  They're not perfect but they aren't going to suck I don't think.  Wrapped them in plastic wrap and tucked away in the frig for a nap.

Looking forward to seeing you Hal.

Going to have to figure out which direction to slice these. :)

From the looks of them in the pictures Larry and IF your slicer can handle it. Slice on the long side.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 11, 2010, 07:46:40 AM
Quote from: KyNola on December 10, 2010, 11:36:02 PM
Thanks BLSH.  They're not perfect but they aren't going to suck I don't think.  Wrapped them in plastic wrap and tucked away in the frig for a nap.

Looking forward to seeing you Hal.

Going to have to figure out which direction to slice these. :)

From the looks of them in the pictures Larry and IF your slicer can handle it. Slice on the long side.
That's sort of what I was thinking too Chris but I don't think the throw on my slicer will handle it and I hate like the devil to start whacking on those beauties to make them fit the slicer.  I'll try to rig something for the slicer or I may just wing it with my 14 inch graton. Thick sliced bacon anyone? :D

BuyLowSellHigh

That's the way I  like it !   :D

Knife worked well for me - just take your time.

I personally think it keeps better unsliced, so I froze in whole sections of ~ 2 lbs ea, and then slice as I go from the one in use at the time.  The downside is when you get near the end it just isn't safe to hand slice anymore.  That's when the bacon end piece becomes an ingredient.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KyNola

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on December 11, 2010, 08:26:30 AM
Knife worked well for me - just take your time.

I personally think it keeps better unsliced, so I froze in whole sections of ~ 2 lbs ea, and then slice as I go from the one in use at the time.  The downside is when you get near the end it just isn't safe to hand slice anymore.  That's when the bacon end piece becomes an ingredient.
BLSH, I owe you a beer for giving me the heads up on that knife and catching it on sale to  boot.  That knife has become my newest best friend.  It flat rocks.  I'm thinking I may vac seal and freeze sections too.  I think it will keep better that way too.