My Sneaky Butcher

Started by ArnieM, December 04, 2010, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I stopped by today to get some stuffed clams.  He gets them from a local place and they're some of the best I've had.  There's actually clams in there.

Anyway, he snuck a couple of rolls from an Arthur Avenue bakery (Bronx) into the bag as well as a couple of pork back ribs.  I figured the ribs would be good as an appetizer. 

The ribs are/were Berkshire pork.  Really nice stuff.  I stuffed them into a 10 inch pan.

A little apple cider vinegar and some of Billy Bob's Que on them.  300 for about an hour.  I pulled them, added some cranberry juice and more Billy Bob's.  The temp went to 325.  This was all done with a cover on the cast iron pan.

Finally, the cover comes off and they get a slather of Iceman's Sop'n Sauce and go under the broiler for about 5 minutes.  This is kind of an extreme example of the "meat pulling back off the bone".  They were just plain mouth watering.  The 'official' dinner was delayed by about 3 hours.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

seemore

They look wonderful, Arnie!
Mrs

DTAggie

KevinG

Now those are my kind of popsicles.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

SouthernSmoked

OH My God! WOW!!

Awesome looking ribs.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ArnieM

If you get a chance to try some certified Berkshire pork, do so.  Believe me, it's not "your other white meat".  It's PORK.
-- Arnie

BuyLowSellHigh

Wow!  Those are beauties Arnie!  Great App!

I want your butcher.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

deb415611

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on December 04, 2010, 07:08:51 PM
Wow!  Those are beauties Arnie!  Great App!

I want your butcher.

Arnie gets special treatment but his prices on berkshire for us regular people are very reasonable.   I just wish he was a little bit closer. 

When I talked to him a few weeks ago I think he said something like "I think Arnie wants to move in" ;D 

ArnieM

I apologize for not giving proper credit where it was due.  The Billy Bob's Que powder came from SouthernSmoked's daughter.  I think this enterprising lass has a great future to look forward to.
-- Arnie

DarqMan

Mighty fine Arnie, mighty fine!
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

jiggerjams