disk motor not working right

Started by rick, March 27, 2004, 05:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick

my disk motor doesnt push the smoking disks out without pushing the advance butting 3 or 4 times , what do I do about this....

Cold Smoke

Rick, I assume you are trying to advance the disks (bisquettes) to get the first one onto the burner. I have found that once you hit the advance button once - it takes a few seconds for the advancer to push that first bisquette forward- then it resets itself and is ready for you to hit the advance button again- it will then push another forward then resets itself and you can hit the advancer button a third time- finally the first disk is on the burner and the disk advancer is now on auto-pilot and will continue to advance the other disks at approx 20 minute intervals. If that is not what's happening- I would suggest calling the Bradley folks to discuss. If your unit is defective they've been great at getting new ones sent out in short order.

Good luck and happy smoking!

Cold Smoke

Bassman

Rick, the smoke generator should advance a puck every 20 minutes from the time it is plugged in. If it does not and you have to push the advance button for the next puck you should definetly call bradly. The same thing happened to me when I first got mine.If the pucks advance when you hit the button then there is nothing obstructing the path,the problem is with the smoke generator.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

trout

One other thing to check is that the tube that holds the biscuits is not pushed so far down into the smoke generator that the slider is rubbing on it when it goes to push a biscuit out.  Not sure if it can go in that far, but mine was shipped with the tube separate.  I had to push it into the smoke generator myself.  If this is how they are all shipped, one could accidentally insert it too far.[;)]

Let your trout go and smoke a salmon instead.

Chez Bubba

Rick,

The previous is sound advice, I don't have much to add. If you have questions, please feel free to call me at 574-276-8746 & I'll try my best to help you out. We're an authorized warranty replacement dealer, to my knowledge, the only one. We have alomost every part in stock & can ship the same or next day.

We just love smokin' & want to see you up & running ASAP.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?