Cornish Game Hens

Started by Smokeville, December 07, 2010, 04:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

Ok, so I saw the ad that said they were on sale for $1.88 EACH! Previously frozen.

I bought 12 that were not previously frozen and kept them for a moment of weakness, which was yesterday. So they got defrosted and brined and here they are waiting for their moment in the smoker.....

All 12 went in my 6-rack digital which took far too long to do the job (it's about 32F here in Oakville right now).... 1 hour of mesquite (a trial run), 1 hour of maple, 1 hour of oak, and a bit of some puck I had left over....

And here some of them are, after 30 minutes in the oven.....

A photo of the bones will be downloaded sometime later tonight....

Maybe.

jiggerjams

Look Delish!! How was the smoker experience in the temps tonight? Did it struggle?

SoCalBuilder

Those look awful tasty :) At a $1.88, you stole those.

Smokeville

Oh my, yes, they were a steal.... If I see them again at that price I would go back every day for the sale week.

Jiggerjams, the digital was in my garage with the doors open, and it always struggles. Not my first choice. I wish I had a second OBS...

ArnieM

So, how you gonna eat 'em all?  I'm willing to help.  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

dman4505

Quote from: ArnieM on December 08, 2010, 12:52:38 AM
So, how you gonna eat 'em all?  I'm willing to help.  :D

I agree with you Arnie, I'm willing to help as well they look rather tastey.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Smokeville

Believe it or not, I haven't tasted one yet! It was late last night when they were done so I put them in the fridge and will vac bag them today.

However, the drippings in the pan after they finished in the oven were finger licking good...

bigcatdaddy

WOW!!!  Those look fantastic!!!!  I bet they'll eat good too.  Those drippings would make some good gravy for some smashed taters. ;)

Smokeville

My woof wife and I had one for supper -- I used poultry shears to cut it in two and then put the halves in the oven. With a bit more heat the skin would have been better but both halves are nothing but bones......