generator power cables...wtf

Started by howlin, December 07, 2010, 09:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howlin

just bought the smoke generator(calgary canada)and the power cables bradley supplied with the kit were some ive never seen before.one has two pins ,and the other looks like a downsized 220 plug .who uses these?200 hundred bucks later and i cant even use the new generator.can i cut and splice on a normal 110 plug or is there a secret password that you use to get bradley to give me the right bloody plug?
if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct

ArnieM

Call Bradley in the morning and explain the situation.  Ask for Brian.  They have very good customer service.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: howlin on December 07, 2010, 09:02:22 PM
just bought the smoke generator(calgary canada)and the power cables bradley supplied with the kit were some ive never seen before.one has two pins ,and the other looks like a downsized 220 plug .who uses these?200 hundred bucks later and i cant even use the new generator.can i cut and splice on a normal 110 plug or is there a secret password that you use to get bradley to give me the right bloody plug?

Hello Howlin

What what you describe you have purchased a 240V smoke generator, I cant explain why you got it because they are not availble in North Amercia.
Give our Office a call and we can get this corrected for you.

Brian.

dman4505

Hey Brian
I wanted to give you well deserved pat on the back, your customer service there at Bradley is top notch. Had the element go out on mine Thanksgiving morning I called last Monday and talked to very nice young lady who walked me through some troubleshooting tips to rule out some easy over looked things, and then proceeded to get my delivery info. I received my new heating element on Friday, lady even laughed when she said "you should get it really quick since we're (Customer Service) in Illinois and you're in Iowa.
She was right.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

howlin

whats the number and whats this gonna cost me.wholesale sports ,where i bought this one has the same ones on the shelf(at least 6 so apparently not rare here)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: howlin on December 08, 2010, 07:23:22 PM
whats the number and whats this gonna cost me.wholesale sports ,where i bought this one has the same ones on the shelf(at least 6 so apparently not rare here)

Relax Howlin Two things you can be certain of 1) Bradley's customer service is second to none when it comes to helping you out. 2)That fella Brian with the Bradley (Head Office) moniker. He is one of the Best at making sure that you as a Bradley customer are more than satisfied with your Bradley Product. Just give them a call at (866) 508-7514 they will help you out and get you to smoking as soon as you can
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: howlin on December 08, 2010, 07:23:22 PM

Hey Howlin

If Wholesale Sports has all the same ones then somehow the 240V units got put in the wrong box and were shipped to North Amercia
by mistake. Can you give me their location or have them call the office and we will correct this problem.

As for your comment on what is it going to cost you the answer is nothing.
I just need you to call the office@ 1-800-665-4188 and talk to one of the customer service people they are aware of your problem

I am personally out of town at this time ( I am in Galesburg IL.) or I would deal with it personally.

I will forward this onto our office so they can look into how this happened.

Brian.

DTAggie

howlin

what are the hours i can call?im mountain time and an oilfield worker ie long hours working

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Howlin

The office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm PST

When you call they will need the serial number of the smoke generator you have
it is located on the back of the unit it is a 16 digit number should start with a zero.

If at all possible can you send me a picture of the plug end I may be able to help speed this up a little

send the picture to [email protected]

Brian

LumpyDVC

Only 1 Wholesale Sports in Calgary.

Contact Information:
Address    25 Heritage Meadows Way SE
Calgary, Alberta
T2H 0A7
Phone (403) 253-5566
Fax    (403) 253-5660
Email    [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Lumpy # 2
-= Lumpy # 2 =-

howlin

was on the phone to whole sale sports(wss) for awhile today ,all the units they have are the same (my electrical buddy told me it was a European model )so instead of building a cold smoke chamber for my smoker this(my only weekend off for months)weekend is gonna be spent returning the unit back to wss .i dont blame bradley ,i blame wss.im outside of calgary ,have a limited time off ,plans are ruined and im TICKED.sorry for the rant.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: howlin on December 09, 2010, 07:41:23 PM
was on the phone to whole sale sports(wss) for awhile today ,all the units they have are the same (my electrical buddy told me it was a European model )so instead of building a cold smoke chamber for my smoker this(my only weekend off for months)weekend is gonna be spent returning the unit back to wss .i dont blame bradley ,i blame wss.im outside of calgary ,have a limited time off ,plans are ruined and im TICKED.sorry for the rant.
Go ahead and build the unit then when the right part comes in swap them out. Sounds like Brian is trying to get you straightened out. Don't worry about the rant we all do it every now and then. This is just a great big extended dysfunctional family around here.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: howlin on December 09, 2010, 07:41:23 PM

Hey Howlin

The blame must be put on Bradley not Wholesale Sports, they just order from us and have no idea that they have received the incorrect
smoke generator. It is our job to make sure that the correct smoke generator has been packaged inside the box
and I think we failed at this.

If Wholesale does not have the correct one in stock you can order it direct from us.

Brian.

Friar_Tuck

Brian,
My hat is off to you. With your last post, you have made me a committed Bradley customer.  Any company can do well when things go good, but only the great companies handle it well when they go bad.  I have been watching this thread from the beginning, to see how it was handled, and I must say I am impressed.  Keep up the great work!
Jim