First Time...Smoked Wings

Started by Shaolin515, January 09, 2011, 09:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaolin515

Hi all,

I wanted to make my first experience with my new Bradley Smoker relatively easy.  I decided after some research that my best bet was wings (I was having a playoff party yesterday so it just fit in with the whole theme anyway).

I took the "smoke without fire wings" recipe from the bradley website, and just modified it with my own hot sauce recipe.

I soaked 8 lbs of wings in both white vinegar and white wine vinegar for about 20 minutes.    I laid out the wings in a tray and sifted them with flour on both sides.  I then basted them with my hot sauce (basically Louisiana Hot Sauce, Butter, Garlic, Salt and pepper).

I smoked them using Mesquite for about 2 hours, rotating the trays after one hour, and basting once again.  I finished them off on the grill to crisp them up a little.

The flavor was amazing and needless to say they were the hit of the party.  The Hot sauce ended up being "medium" in heat at best, but that worked out great for the people who couldn't handle anything hotter (plus you can always kick it up with a side of hot sauce).

I can't wait to crank up the smoker again ( I am officially addicted).  Thanks for all the info on this forum...it's GREAT.

Happy Smoking
Vinny

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Shaolin515!

Reel him in boys, we hooked another one!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

TestRocket

Well heck yea Vinny, you made the crowd happy with some wings and are ready to go at it again! Welcome and Congrats!  ;D