Honey spiced chicken wings. Pics uploaded!!

Started by Rad Rich, January 09, 2011, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad Rich

Alright I'm trying the Honey spiced chicken wing recepie from the bradley home site.  put the wings all rubbed up in the fridge about an hour ago.  One more hour to set and then it's in the smoker.  Any advice for a first time wing smoker? 
Here come some pics...rubbed and in the bag  OBS on the deck and heating up.  In they go.
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

bears fan

I smoke them for 2 hours of apple, then take them off and put them on the grill to crisp them up.  Then take them off the grill and put your favorte sauce on them.  They turn out great everytime.  You will love them.

Rad Rich

Awesome sounds good.  I am gonna skip the grill though.  Might cook it a little high at the end and spray some olive oil on the wings to get a little crisp.  Go Bears!!!!!  I am really loving this smoker.  Hey Bears fan do you ever go to any games?

TestRocket

Good luck on those wings Rad Rich. Don't forget to show us what they look like before you start eating um!  ;D

bears fan

I don't think you will get them crisp in your smoker, you will find that you will need the grill to crisp them up.  By now you should be done with them, so how did they turn out.

As far as the Bears, yes I have gone to some games, but it's been to many years since the last time I went.  Some day I'll get to one again when the kids grow up and don't consume so much of our time.  Go Bears this Sunday!

Rad Rich

You were right Bears fan.  They were not very crispy.  They were great though.  Next time I probably will crisp them up on the grill.  Great recepie on the Bradley site.  Very spicy.

bears fan

I noticed your little house for your smoker.  What brand is the cabinet?  I like the looks of it; however, I wonder, are you able to slide the racks in and out good?  I need to have my door wide open to slide the racks and v-tray in without mucking up the seal on the door.  This cabinet doesn't look like it allows for the door to open far enough.  Am I wrong and do you like the cabinet?

Rad Rich

It is a suncast utility cabinet.  Got it at kmart for 50 bucks.  Yes the racks and the v tray can slide out without scraping the seal.  it's tight but good.  I like it alot.  I had to cut out little holes in the back of the cabinet for the cords though.  Look at my post on the bacon wrapped chicken breasts and you can see the info on the cabinet.