Redi Check Smoker Thermometer

Started by Oldman, March 28, 2004, 12:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

First I live at sea level. Water here boils @ 212 F. I tested this dual thermometer out. The probe for the meat runs 214 F, and the probe for the chamber runs 213 F. This is not a big deal; however, if this one can be off a little then someone's might be really off. So I suggest you test yours against whatever temp. your water boils at.

Next Much Thanks to all here for your input concerning the new opening page for my gaming site. It is all finished and up. If you care to see then click the link!
Dogs Of War"

Again thanks all for your help!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

msiler

There is one more thing that you need to take into consideration. Barometric pressure, water boils at sea level at 212 degrees if the barometric pressure is 29.92. so your temps may be right on if you were being influenced by a high pressure front. I really would not sweat that small of a discrepancy, but if you want to know for sure call your nearest airport and get pressure reading from the weather folks or automated system.

When in doubt smoke it.