What HASN'T Squirt used Carolina Treet on?????

Started by Tenpoint5, December 12, 2010, 11:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I think I found something that Squirt hasn't use CT on. Peanuts!! Since the weather is a bit brisk to be outside I thought what the heck let's kick up a batch of Peanuts. So I rounded up the ingredients, Planters Peanuts, Carolina Treet and mixed them together. Then I got to thinking I need to kick this up to the next level so I grabbed my bottle of Chipoltle Mustard Fusion and added a few good splashes.

Mixed them all together and got this

Loaded everything on a Bradley rack with a frog mat.

I put the peanuts in the Bradley at 230º and I am applying 2 hours of Hickory smoke. Then I will continue drying them in the oven until everything turns into a powder again. Should be good. I will post more as things progress.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Squirt may not have used CT on peanuts but NePaS has. :D :D :D

Tenpoint5

Well after 2 hours at 230º and 2 hours of Hickory Smoke. I brought them in to finish drying in the oven. I didn't need to do any more drying they was done.

Coming in

When I went to start scooping them off the frog mat they all came off at the same time!!!

So I just crumbled them all up and left them to cool. Hopefully there will be some left by the time they cool off. The yardapes are sneaking them off the tray pretty quickly. Next batch will get kicked up even more. These have a great taste but not as much fire in them as I had hoped. The kids still like them = NOT enough heat!! Once I get it narrowed down to just the 6yr old likes them then I have them just right!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

You got me there!  Haven't tried it on nuts yet..

Looks great!

pensrock

Tenpoint5

ronbeaux

That is just perfect for snacking while rolling down the highway! This is a must do!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

seemore

TestRocket

Oh now! That's what I'm talking about! I love peanut brittle and kicked up and smoked? I think I smell money? Especially this time of year! If you get rich on it all I ask is a free lifetime supply!   ;D

TMB

Very nice Chris, I never thought of CT on nuts.  Makes my poor little cook look bad  ;) ;)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Brisket Lover

That looks great! I'm going to have to try that. Where do you get the frog mats from?

DTAggie

I tried that mustard fusion when I stopped by Rodak's a few weeks back.  Very good.  Love doing nuts in the Bradley.  Pistachio's are great.  Since I don't have CT I use one of the gold knock offs and kick it up with Frank's hot sauce.

Brisket Lover

hal4uk

Well...  Peanuts might be the only thing Squirt hasn't tried it on...

The other day, he's cleaning up that new truck, and...
I caught him just in time, "DUDE!!!!  HOLD UP!!!!  THAT AIN'T TURTLE WAX!!!!"

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby