Cleaning the Smoke Generator...

Started by Smokeville, December 13, 2010, 03:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

Since I brought it inside out of the freezing cold, how is the best way of cleaning the inside?

Keeping in mind that I need it to work once I put it back together.....

And, I know which way to turn the screws to tighten/loosen but that is about it.

Rich

TestRocket

I've used my leaf blower to blow out the one on my OBS and didn't bother with the old righty tighty, lefty loosey thing. But I did do it outside!  ;D

OU812

Flip that baby over and take out the screws around the outer edge, not the ones in the center.

Then it opens up kinda like a clam shell, there are some wires that you will have to unhook then you can set the outer shell off to the side and clean the inside.

I clean the runway and micro switch under it with rubbing alcohol.

Mr Walleye

Rich

Here's a link to the FAQ section on the Recipe Site. It details everything and includes pictures as well.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=987#post987

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

beefmann

i open the smoke generator and give it a good cleaning  with steam, it removes all the grease and resin that has built up once a  year , plus it removes all the dust

Tenpoint5

Rich Check your Email I sent something I am putting together. It isn't perfect but it should give you the basic idea.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokeville

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 13, 2010, 05:33:25 PM
Rich Check your Email I sent something I am putting together. It isn't perfect but it should give you the basic idea.

Hi 10.5 -- I haven't seen an e-mail?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokeville on December 13, 2010, 07:52:24 PM

Hi 10.5 -- I haven't seen an e-mail?
Guess it helps if I hit send doesn't it!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

It is on its way. Should be there by the time you read this

OU812

I never get Emails.  :'(

Smokeville

Thanks Tenpoint5, you are well on your way to building my confidence. You've made it look easy. I really liked the warning about not removing certain screws!!!

I plan to take it apart after lunch.

Rich

Tenpoint5

It is really easy to do. The reason it took me so long to clean mine is "The Fear of the Unknown" That is why I started working on that project. I need a couple more pictures of cleaning under the ram with a can of air blowing out the track and it will be complete.

Does anyone have any pictures of that?? If you do please send them to me. So I can finish another project and get that Iron out of the fire.

Smokeville

Hi Tenpoint5;

I just finished cleaning the unit -- a pile of chips came out - enough to make at least 2 bisquettes! I didn't have any contact cleaner but that will be for next time.

And I got it back together and it still works!

Thanks, Rich

Tenpoint5