thermometers

Started by wolfnanny, July 28, 2005, 07:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kamanodental</i>
<br />OPPS !!!

Sorry folks....I shoud have read the posts lol  Slow reader..
The raptor looks kinda what Im looking for.  Does it work with all smokers? How doe is work ...by pass or hook-up to the original electric heat source?  OMG... if its electrical and I have to touch it...thats one of my phoebias...the other is "cold women and hot beer"

Mahalo
Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It will work with any 110v smoker up to 1800w. There is no wiring required. You just connect existing plugs and connectors. After hooking up the Guru, just plug the heating element into the Raptor and plug the Raptor into an outlet. If you do decide to get one, it does not come with clear setup directions. Go to the member's recipe board and read Bill's description and setup for the Guru/Raptor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kamanodental

Thanks Habanero

BTW did you get my recipe for the Hawaiian Portagee sausage.? Hopefully..I think I emailed you. Let me know. Thanks for the tip on the Raptor.  Im going to read it now...

Also have a nice weekend...
Aloha
Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

Kamanodental

Habanero

1) could you point me to the correct place to fine out how to hook up the Raptor.... where is the member recipes?

2) Being the new guy on the block...I dont know who "Bill" is. Can you direct me to his site or posting.?

Sorry to be such a pain...but you know how newbies are...Just like new junior officers in the army...lotta brains no knowledge.

Mahalo
Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

Kamanodental check this out, i put this together  to help out some members with there guru.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dsstc/bbqguru/

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kamanodental</i>
<br />Habanero

1) could you point me to the correct place to fine out how to hook up the Raptor.... where is the member recipes?

2) Being the new guy on the block...I dont know who "Bill" is. Can you direct me to his site or posting.?

Sorry to be such a pain...but you know how newbies are...Just like new junior officers in the army...lotta brains no knowledge.

Mahalo
Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
At the top of each thread you will see a <font color="green">sticky:Memeber's Recipes</font id="green">. Click on that thread and there is a link that will take you directly to the site. While there you should sign yourself up.

The site is hosted by Olds, and Bill; screen name <font color="green">nxsbill </font id="green">is an administer of the site. It was Bill who convinced Shotgun Fred (developer of the Guru) to develop a devise (Raptor) that would interface the Guru with an electric smoker.

Here's a direct link to the thread:
http://susan.rminor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29

Edited:
If you have Acrobate Reader 4 or greater installed on your computer you can also download the Guru manual and read about the features there. http://www.thebbqguru.com/images/TheBBQGuruUsersManualrev2.4.pdf

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kamanodental

Thank you for all the info on the Guru...phew..you guys should write a book on the information that you all have compiled.  "Like Sausage Making for dummies"  Wow I bet you be a million seller.  Just the trouble shooting alone is worth a million...

Great bunch of people. In Hawaii we call you guys "Ka Huna" teacher of secrets...and truly you all are. Thanks for sharing those secrets.

Mahalo Ka Huna

Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom