Olives From Scratch

Started by jiggerjams, December 19, 2010, 11:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggerjams

Thanks for sharing the link carnie. These recipes sound good too. Wish I had have seen them before to have more selection.

NePaSmoKer

I will PM you mt addy  ;D

Looks good.

jiggerjams

Hey

Well I used my family as guinea pigs at our family Christmas. The recipe says to wait a month after sealing to enjoy the olives, but if you can't wait the product will be good after a week. We did just that, the olives are good and with more time will only get better. I would say a 7 of 10 score. Everyone liked them...one jar open.....one jar gone :)

The olives were still firm. More firm than any other olive I have had. Not a bad thing, just not preferred. A little more marrying of the flavors over time will make these olives tastier, softer, and top notch. Seriously.

" AND THAT'S NOT ALL!.....as an added bonus for making it this far through the thread I have added an extra bonus. YES YOU heard right an added bonus just for being here. Are you ready? ARE YOU READY?

Ok good....here it is.....

DO NOT THROW OUT THE MARINADE!!!! THIS IS LIQUID GOLD!!!

Versatility is the first thing that came to my mind after tasting past the olive itself. This stuff would be great as a marinade, a baste, a drizzle, a finisher, and a salad dressing. A base for almost anything. First thoughts are this would provide a fantastiic souvlaki with Greek salad dinner. You pick the meat and bread it will happen.

The thing is you will have to do the olives to get the liquid gold. So if you have the chance to try this pictorial for yourself, sign some insurance cause you could be hooked on the marinade and the olives. Becoming a target with no insurance is a bad mix. :D ;D

This recipe is SOLID!!

JJ

rdevous

Went to my cousin's on Sunday for a family Christmas get together.  Lots of excellent food.  One of the appetizers she served was large green olives stuffed with blue cheese.  I had never had it before and was amazed how the two flavors went together so well.  She said she got them at Sam's Club.  I did notice when I cut them in half that many of them only had cheese at the hole and not stuffed in the entire cavity of the olives.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

jiggerjams

That does sound delish. Thanks.

Caribou

Wow JJ!
Those look fantastic..great job :)
I love to can but have never tried olives.
Carolyn

hal4uk

Well...  From the subject, I thought you were planting trees!
Those look very interesting!!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby